|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Ed C

Cape Cod, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don't see HH as a money saving plan. We usually spend more than we would have at a campground but have had great experiences that don't happen in a campground. AND we go away with a couple of bottles of nice wines that we would not have found any where else.

Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

doxiemom11

Somewhere between MI and TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HH also recommends that you offer any host that provides electric, water etc something for the utilities. Not all will accept of course and this is 100% understandable as they should not pay for electricity for everyone that comes, but if I'm going to spend something towards electric/water/sewer or dump (some have metered water) and also spend on their business venue, I might as well pay to stay at a campground with FHU.

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

From their FAQ:
"How much should I spend at a Host location?
Please support your Host to show your appreciation for their hospitality. When considering how much to spend at a Host, please consider the amount of money you saved in campground fees. We suggest spending a minimum of $20 in support of your Host."

Interesting. I hadn't read their FAQ page in a long time.

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

TragedyTrousers

Fl

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/19 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't call Harvest Host Camping, its about having a safe interesting place to stay overnight while on the road. I really like it as we had stayed at many varied places from wineries and farms to Museums. All of the hosts we have encountered have been wonderful and we enjoyed the great wine and saw some museums we probably otherwise had not known about. Id rather go a few miles out the way then spend a night in a parking lot somewhere or spend campground fees just for a place to sleep for the night.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS