RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Extended Warrantee?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Extended Warrantee?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
scarecrow56

palm bay, fl

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So we found the right trailer for us. On Saturday we pick it up. Keep in mind it's a 2015. I'M already getting the speech about an extended 5 years warrantee to add to a 12 year note which doesn't make any sense to me. I had my previous coach for 15 years before I started having any real problems. I'm convinced I don't want it but I'd like to hear what you guys think.Thanks

Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.

MKirkland

Washington state

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had our trailer inspected by myself, friends and an independent RV person. That will be the best warranty you can buy. So far, in 8 years we have had one small part (valve) go defective in the stove. You may use a extended warranty, but for me I didn't and came out ahead. I started reading the exclusions in the small print and decided against it.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

send me the money, then when something goes wrong,, I,ll send you a e mail that its not covered. keep your money. ever need a repair? call a rv tech in your area, faster,, cheaper,, smarter,, and they come to you.

haste maker

alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's your money...BUT...I never seen an extended warranty, that didn't do everything they could to make any claim...NOT COVERED...

Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Put the money aside and start a reserve fund for future repairs and replacements such as tires.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will find one or two people on here that the warranty actually worked out for them and it was a good deal. For the other 99% though the warranty was just more money in the dealers pocket.

Keep the cost of the warranty in the bank and use it in the unlikely event your refrigerator or furnace goes bad. You'll be leaps and bounds ahead.

BTW, it's not really a warranty, it's an insurance policy. And it's an over priced poorly covered policy at that.

1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The odds are not in your favor. It is an insurance policy where they collect money from lots of people and pay out to few people. Never buy an insurance policy for something you can afford to replace yourself. Would be able to buy a new refrigerator or air conditioner for $1000 to $2000? If yes don't buy. IF not, then maybe it would be worthwhile for you. Consider that many of those companies have more excuses not to pay than to pay, and substantial hoops for you to jump through before they will pay. If you do buy a policy, be sure to read the actual policy (not the sale brochure) so you know what you have to do for them to even consider a claim.

This reminds me of a flashlight I bought at Harbor Freight the other day. It was around $10 with the 20% off coupon made it around $8. The cashier asked me if I wanted an extended warranty on it for 2 years for $2.49!

mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

send me the money, then when something goes wrong,, I,ll send you a e mail that its not covered.

^^^^^^^^Best Answer^^^^^^^^[emoticon]

2017 Silverado 1500 LT, Max Tow

2012 Outback 277RL

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

12 year note on a 2015 trailer?? Wow... I just bought a brand new 2019 and have a 72 month (6 years) note on it.. Plan on paying off early anyway, so no big deal.

I was offered the extended warranty too for about 2k for 5 years I think?

Declined for now, but can buy it within 9 months..

Probably won't do it.. It's got a factory 1 year so will go thru that and go from there..

but, as was said, some come out ahead, but then they had to make some claims and deal with all of that, so did you really come out ahead??

In the end, whatever lets you sleep at night and not worry about it, there you go.. I'd be awake more for that 12 year note on it! ha, ha.. [emoticon]

Good luck!

Mitch

[image]

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like putting the money aside idea. Kinda like a Christmas club but for repairs.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Extended Warrantee?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS