|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Filling Propane While Traveling

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 11:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes there's literally multiple places that fill bottles in virtually every town. Not like propane use is more popular in some places and not in others.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1ed wrote:

My tanks are 30 pounds and weigh 55 pounds when full. All of the exchange places in my area ONLY swap the 20 pound tanks. Hence the question.

many gas stations, uhaul locations, etc. will fill propane tanks, including the 30lb tanks. And IMHO swapping tanks is a boondoggle. First the cost/gallon of propane is much higher than filling, second most if not all only give you a partially filled tank

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ktmrfs wrote:

1ed wrote:

My tanks are 30 pounds and weigh 55 pounds when full. All of the exchange places in my area ONLY swap the 20 pound tanks. Hence the question.

many gas stations, uhaul locations, etc. will fill propane tanks, including the 30lb tanks. And IMHO swapping tanks is a boondoggle. First the cost/gallon of propane is much higher than filling, second most if not all only give you a partially filled tank

I only use tank swaps when my tanks are expired, cheaper than getting them recertified.

2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 181BH
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 long bed
E2 WDH

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

afidel wrote:

ktmrfs wrote:

1ed wrote:

I only use tank swaps when my tanks are expired, cheaper than getting them recertified.

yup I've used the "tank swap" option with an expired tank as well. In fact the pump jockey at the location helped me look through the tanks to find one in good shape and nearly new.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/19 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many RV parks I have been in have large tanks to refill the 30's. When I have used them they take the tank in the park golf cart to the refill station.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/19 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1ed wrote:

Where do you fill propane while traveling?
I know a lot of campgrounds will have someone that is mobile and can come to your site, but what if you are going boodocking.
The company that fills my house tank use to do but now they have a new truck and something to do with increased pressure.
My tank are 30 pounds so not that easy to move around. Ed

Many CGs like KOAs, Flying J's, Camping World are three that come to mind right off.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Filling Propane While Traveling
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS