|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Dont discuss GS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 08:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Closed topic. I guess the site does not tolerate any negative feedback. The reason for closing the thread was that it was "due to lack of activity". Several post in just a few days, and the thread was closed the day after, just hours, the last post on a discussion.
Seems disingenuous to me. I suspect there is something to hide about the GSAssistance?
So, if we are not allowed to discuss, then I have my answer…

the original thread:

Posted: 10/27/19 10:04am Link | Print | Notify Moderator
Odd that there is just one topic here…

I have AAA for RVs but it does not cover what I really need. Does Good Sam offer roadside assistance insurance that is similar?

My AAA mainly is to cover towing when out of town, but I have a truck camper and tow a cargo trailer. Technically aaa does not cover the trailer being towed, but just the "heavy" truck/camper which needs a big tow truck/more expensive.

I need a plan to cover my entire rig.

I just got towed but had to get a friend to come to the next state to tow my trailer out. It took a full day for aaa to get the right tow truck to me, they sent two small ones despite being told I was 10,000 lbs. Im not interested to repeat this.

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/19 10:11am Link | Print | Notify Moderator
I think Good Sam Roadside Platinum covers your situation but one of their moderators will be able to give you the exact 411.

RoadsideGuy

Colorado

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/19 10:15am Link | Print | Notify Moderator
Thank you for the posts. The level of membership you are looking for is “Platinum+” which also covers cargo trailers.

You can call customer service to enroll in this program at 1-866-298-2929.

Thank you for your interest!

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/19 12:16pm Link | Print | Notify Moderator
ajriding wrote:

Odd that there is just one topic here…

I have AAA for RVs but it does not cover what I really need. Does Good Sam offer roadside assistance insurance that is similar?

My AAA mainly is to cover towing when out of town, but I have a truck camper and tow a cargo trailer. Technically aaa does not cover the trailer being towed, but just the "heavy" truck/camper which needs a big tow truck/more expensive.

I need a plan to cover my entire rig.

I just got towed but had to get a friend to come to the next state to tow my trailer out. It took a full day for aaa to get the right tow truck to me, they sent two small ones despite being told I was 10,000 lbs. Im not interested to repeat this.

AAA Roadside Service is totally inadequate for RVers. AAA was not designed for RVers and AAA does not have complete coverage in all cities!!!! Such a deal

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/19 08:09pm Link | Print | Notify Moderator
aaa is different in each zone, but there is the option to request reimbursement from your home location that does cover it. I am not sure how often they do or do not cover this. Otherwise it is plenty adequate for towing as sending a tow truck is all the typical RVer would ask for, but in my case I want to cover a trailer too.

So, what coverage do you people have, what do you pay and what does it offer/cover?
I could call and go through a long phone conversation, but realistically that is not going to happen anytime soon. My aaa coverage is paid through the year and I likely will not be doing as much RVing the rest of the year anyway.

Camper8251

Gallatin Valley MT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/19 06:40pm Link | Print | Notify Moderator
Make sure you read the reviews about peoples experience with GS Roadside lack of assistance...........

At the top of forum is a drop down box that you can adjust what messages you see. Up to 12 months in advance it defaults to last 14 days.. ...so you wont see much at this time of the year but if you go back the last 12 you will see plenty of horror stories........

They are good about following up AFTER the fact though.... When you and the family are all safe after being left to your on devices to find help

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/19 08:24am Link | Print | Notify Moderator
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

rr2254545

Central Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/19 09:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Their website their rules you can go elsewhere to complain

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee, Air Force One, Blue Ox Avail tow bar
354 Campgrounds,80K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 1710 nights camping since we retired in July 2009

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would prefer the OP complain right here.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/19 10:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have seen, in the past, that once the OP's question is answered, the topic is closed. Unfortunately, GS, GSRA, etc, the canned response send us your contact information, or here's a phone number to call. I suppose that's the answer for the OP, so the topic is closed.

Yes, it doesn't leave much room for additional discussion, but consider, ... the question is directed to the GSRA team, not to those of us using the forum. In essense, the OP's question was answered.

If we want a good lively discussion, then the question should not be directed to the GSRA team, rather... something like ...

"What does everyone think about GSRA and what has been your experience with XXX?" Something like that will generate conversation and should not call for a "closed topic" scenario.

Well, that my 2 cents anyway!

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

I have seen, in the past, that once the OP's question is answered, the topic is closed. Unfortunately, GS, GSRA, etc, the canned response send us your contact information, or here's a phone number to call. I suppose that's the answer for the OP, so the topic is closed.

Yes, it doesn't leave much room for additional discussion, but consider, ... the question is directed to the GSRA team, not to those of us using the forum. In essense, the OP's question was answered.

If we want a good lively discussion, then the question should not be directed to the GSRA team, rather... something like ...

"What does everyone think about GSRA and what has been your experience with XXX?" Something like that will generate conversation and should not call for a "closed topic" scenario.

Well, that my 2 cents anyway!

I agree. It does not benefit anyone, including the OP or GS, to continue the thread. The resolution is handled off line as it should be.

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 11:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

* This post was edited 11/07/19 11:59am by noteven *

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 11:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rr2254545 wrote:

Their website their rules you can go elsewhere to complain

X2.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 11:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The OP wasn't complaining, unless it was about his inadequate AAA coverage for his truck camper/utility trailer combo. He got his answer from GS in or around the third/fourth post, and that was that. Closed, move on.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 11:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It appears that someone from Good Sam monitors active posts that are directly related to Good Sam Services. It makes sense to me to close those posts after a day or two of inactivity, since it takes a responsibility off of an employee's plate freeing them to do other tasks. I the example the OP posted, two days had passed since the last post. That would mean that thread would no longer appear in the active post search which is a reasonable criteria for a thread to be considered inactive. There are better things to whine about.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/19 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And in my case, relaying the issue of about 3 months wait for service at their Sierra Branch, the topic was closed without a resolution.

If I read it correctly, the solution is: Just suck it!

Why oh why?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Dont discuss GS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS