|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Side windows are fogged up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
doxiemom11

Somewhere between MI and TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We sure can tell the difference between our single pane windshield and the dual pane windows. Windshield can be sopping wet after a really cold night, especially in an area with high humidity. No moisture on the dual panes. The difference in temperature and how you feel sitting next to them is very noticeable too.

howdy35

Athens, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would also recommend RV Fog Doc in Searcy Arkansas.. I had my two front side windows done this last Sept. The price was $500.00 plus tax. In and out in about 6 hours. I went up on Tuesday night, parked and plugged in at their place and they got me in first thing the next day. On the road by 2pm. Very happy with their work and the windows look great. Had called and made an appointment first.

If you have the funds, that would be my recommendation.

Best to you in whatever you decide

Happy travels. Arnold

1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

discovery4us

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doxiemom11 wrote:

We sure can tell the difference between our single pane windshield and the dual pane windows. Windshield can be sopping wet after a really cold night, especially in an area with high humidity. No moisture on the dual panes. The difference in temperature and how you feel sitting next to them is very noticeable too.

I experience the same thing just with different side glass. I chalk it up to the side windows being surrounded by heavily insulated walls and being a 1/3 the size of the windshield. With the windshield having a large open area below for utilities and coming from the factory with marginal insulation behind the overhead cabinets it does sweat in cold weather. I added insulation above the windshield and noticed some improvement but see no way to increase insulation below it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Side windows are fogged up
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS