RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Electric Pickup?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric Pickup?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Veebyes wrote:

Have to smile when I see all the comments trying to justify the ownership of a pickup outside of its use for RV propulsion.

Try this one out. I live in a place where car ownership is restricted to ONE car per HOUSEHOLD. No personal trucks. Further, car size is restricted what you call sub compact cars. Mine is a 2004 Toyota Yaris. About the size of a Suzuki Swift.

I can't believe anyone would willingly give up their rights so easily. What other rights do you have to give up to live there? Do they pay you live like that? I couldn't live like that. For me. No one tells me what to drive, or do with my property, unless they start making the payments. What do you do with your RV? Can you even bring it home? Mine sits in the backyard. Exactly where I want it to be.

Its veterans day. a day to honor those who died to protect our rights, and many of todays people just give their rights up. I don't understand
If you look closely you'll also see that they list Bermuda as a place of residence. Considering the size of the island I think it would be likely they are referring to Bermuda when stating the restrictions.

Possibly.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

free radical wrote:

Btw my 08 Silverado half ton with V8 motor gets full 3 mpg more then GM new mini trucks w 4 cyl motor,go figure
Imagine getting a solid 50 to 80 MPGe with more usable power.

With today's technology, imagining is all you will do.

Bobbo, Linda and the furry kid (45 pound rescue)
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

time2roll wrote:

free radical wrote:

Btw my 08 Silverado half ton with V8 motor gets full 3 mpg more then GM new mini trucks w 4 cyl motor,go figure

Yah no. An EV car gets north of 100 mpg/e with a lot more power and torque than a gasser or diesel equivalent. Even if a truck is half that.....

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably only 20 to 35 when towing and limited range as it would apply to the members of RV.net

The real market is the people that do not tow long distance or haul a TC. So reality RV.net is the minority so it is OK to pass when they do not fit your needs.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

I can't believe anyone would willingly give up their rights so easily. What other rights do you have to give up to live there? Do they pay you live like that? I couldn't live like that. For me. No one tells me what to drive, or do with my property, unless they start making the payments. What do you do with your RV? Can you even bring it home? Mine sits in the backyard. Exactly where I want it to be.

Its veterans day. a day to honor those who died to protect our rights, and many of todays people just give their rights up. I don't understand

But I think they also fought to protect the right to give our rights to a HOA. You and I don't want to, fine. IMHO, the "right" to own a truck is pretty far down the list. When I lifted my hand, swore to protect the Constitution the whole country was a "Free Speech Zone." Now, we accept any protesters will be in a pen where they lawmakers can sneak in another door and never see them.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Veebyes wrote:

Have to smile when I see all the comments trying to justify the ownership of a pickup outside of its use for RV propulsion.

Try this one out. I live in a place where car ownership is restricted to ONE car per HOUSEHOLD. No personal trucks. Further, car size is restricted what you call sub compact cars. Mine is a 2004 Toyota Yaris. About the size of a Suzuki Swift.

The price of freedom is NOT free.

So you don’t believe you should have to be searched and vetted before you get on a plane? You shouldn’t be subject to being arbitrarily stopped and possibly searched for no reason other than that you’re NEAR an international border? That no HOA should have any right to impose any restrictions? That no municipality should be allowed to pass zoning ordinances?

The list goes on & on......

Personally, me and a famous guitarist, we can’t drive 55.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

So you don’t believe you should have to be searched and vetted before you get on a plane?

If I choose to fly, then I choose to give up my freedom from unreasonable search. But while I agree the state may have a right to stop and do a safety inspection on a vehicle, but should that safety inspection involve counting the cash in the envelope under the mattress?
Quote:

That no HOA should have any right to impose any restrictions? That no municipality should be allowed to pass zoning ordinances?

I agree the HOA and municipality should have rights to pass the restrictions. But I also think the citizens should have a right to have a hand in the ordinances. But if you don't pay attention to who is representing you, let alone what they are doing, you have given up any rights the vets won for you.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Bobbo wrote:

time2roll wrote:

free radical wrote:

Yah no. An EV car gets north of 100 mpg/e with a lot more power and torque than a gasser or diesel equivalent. Even if a truck is half that.....

Towing 3 tons of trailer, or more, at 65 mph for 250 to 300 miles before a recharge is needed? This is an RV forum. If it can't do that under common towing conditions, then for us it can't do that.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Veebyes wrote:

So you don’t believe you should have to be searched and vetted before you get on a plane? You shouldn’t be subject to being arbitrarily stopped and possibly searched for no reason other than that you’re NEAR an international border? That no HOA should have any right to impose any restrictions? That no municipality should be allowed to pass zoning ordinances?

I don't fly any more, and no I shouldn't be and have NEVER been arbitrarily stopped and searched near the border. When I drove, we did have to stop in the wet back stations. and I will NEVER allow a HOA to take my rights from me. As I said. When they start making the payments. they get a say in what happens at my house. Until then. They just need to hush.

And since Carter left office. I don't have to drive 55 any more.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

JaxDad wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Veebyes wrote:

I don't fly any more, and no I shouldn't be......

So you believe your arbitrarily contrived rights and freedoms trump everyone else's right to safety?

Now that's taking a point a bunch too far IMHO.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric Pickup?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS