RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Electric Pickup?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric Pickup?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes entertainment like Laurel and Hardy or the Three Stooges.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Reisender wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

philh wrote:

This kinda went off the rails
Would that be electric rails?

Watched Top Gear tonight. They had a Nissan Leaf Peugeot electric car. They ran out of range in a town that did not have a recharge station. They ended up pushing the car to a university for a 13 hour charge trying to make it to a beach town. They were not favorable to electric cars.

This kinda thing I find funny. Why would somebody start a trip without checking their software to see if there was infrastructure. People are funny...or just stupid. LOL.

And what the heck is a Nissan Leaf Peugeot electric car.

And if it was a Nissan Leaf they charge in 30 minutes at any modern DCFC.

LOL
Should be a Nissan Leaf and a Peugeot electric car in Britain. I believe that was the point the town didn't have a charge station and they didn't have the battery capacity to make it to the next town 32km away that did. They tested the Lamborghini Aventador and found issue as well. It's entertainment more then anything

So they deliberately set out on a trip to a place they knew had no infrastructure. LOL they were either mental midgets or looking to write a click bate article. LOL. Too funny. What year was this test? Britain has pretty good infrastructure. Even a base leaf has 250 km of range. They must have worked pretty hard to find an area without charge infrastructure. CCS and Chademo

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

Reisender wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

philh wrote:

Watched Top Gear tonight. They had a Nissan Leaf Peugeot electric car. They ran out of range in a town that did not have a recharge station. They ended up pushing the car to a university for a 13 hour charge trying to make it to a beach town. They were not favorable to electric cars.

This kinda thing I find funny. Why would somebody start a trip without checking their software to see if there was infrastructure. People are funny...or just stupid. LOL.

LOL
Should be a Nissan Leaf and a Peugeot electric car in Britain. I believe that was the point the town didn't have a charge station and they didn't have the battery capacity to make it to the next town 32km away that did. They tested the Lamborghini Aventador and found issue as well. It's entertainment more then anything

So they deliberately set out on a trip to a place they knew had no infrastructure. LOL they were either mental midgets or looking to write a click bate article. LOL. Too funny. What year was this test? Britain has pretty good infrastructure. Even a base leaf has 250 km of range. They must have worked pretty hard to find an area without charge infrastructure. CCS and Chademo

This is what Wikipedia says about that episode under "cpntroversies"

Quite the tabloid they got going there. \

"A later scene showed people pushing the electric Nissan Leaf up a street while Clarkson made jokes about it having run out of charge. Nissan later discovered from onboard data logging that before the "test drive" its charge had been run down to only 40% capacity. Since then Top Gear has received criticism from electric car enthusiasts, newspapers, celebrities, and Nissan in response to their view on electric cars"

They must have worked hard to make it fail. This is Britains Chademo DCFC coverage. Uh huh, they couldn't find a DCFC station. LOL.

[image]

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 04:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Yes entertainment like Laurel and Hardy or the Three Stooges.
Actually that is a spot on description, especially the three stooges. Thay hate caravans (campers) as well.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/13/19 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No response to this post I made several days ago? And the recharge I was talking about should take no longer than 15 minutes.

Bobbo wrote:

Towing 3 tons of trailer, or more, at 65 mph for 250 to 300 miles before a recharge is needed? This is an RV forum. If it can't do that under common towing conditions, then for us it can't do that.

Bobbo, Linda and the furry kid (45 pound rescue)
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

Reisender wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

philh wrote:

LOL

This goes back to convenience. Why should I have to worry is there is a charging station between me and my destination, or even if there is one at my destination. I know there is a gas station on the way, and a 99.99 percent chance there is one at my destination. I have been on islands where there was no gas station. You just get it before you cross the bridge.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Reisender wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

Reisender wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

philh wrote:

LOL

This goes back to convenience. Why should I have to worry is there is a charging station between me and my destination, or even if there is one at my destination. I know there is a gas station on the way, and a 99.99 percent chance there is one at my destination. I have been on islands where there was no gas station. You just get it before you cross the bridge.

Exactly. Why worry about it. Just check your app or car software. Charge stations in Britain are plentiful. EV’s have gauges that indicate charge level no different than a gas gauge. If someone is unable to grasp the simple concept that vehicles need fuel then they should probably be denied a drivers license. As you said. If you are going somewhere that doesn’t have a fueling point or charging point then make alternative arrangements.

This is a non issue.

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I look at a map of charge stations in our province there seems to be a reasonable number in many areas but when I look at them individually, many have just one outlet. There was a segment on the news a week or so ago about charger rage becoming an issue. People deliberately unplugging vehicles that were already charging or plugging their vehicle in then walking away and leaving it for extended periods.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

When I look at a map of charge stations in our province there seems to be a reasonable number in many areas but when I look at them individually, many have just one outlet. There was a segment on the news a week or so ago about charger rage becoming an issue. People deliberately unplugging vehicles that were already charging or plugging their vehicle in then walking away and leaving it for extended periods.

True dat. The rage generally is caused by bad etiquette on the part of drivers. Some EV drivers will just park at a charger and not even plug in. Others bugger off and leave it connected for 8 hours when all they need is 2 hours to full charge (talking level 2 here). Tesla doesn't have as much of a problem on their superchargers as the driver gets charged idle fees once it is full. As well, people need to be reminded that is at all possible you charge at home. This will get sorted out with software and billing eventually but there is a learning curve for drivers as well.

BC is doing well with their infrastructure buildout. Next summer should see the corridor to Bellacoola completed as then the province is mostly covered for the short term. After that it is a matter of twinning a lot of the sites. There hasn't been anywhere we haven't been able to go yet but we have a trip planned up through Bella Coola and the north west section of the province for 2021. The kootenays group has done a real good job over the last year. BC hydro has also been pretty good with outages. Lots of new DCFC stations coming on line between now and next summer.

The worst ones are the ICE vehicles that park at charge points. Germany has much stricter laws than we presently do.

[image]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/13/19 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Exactly. Why worry about it. Just check your app or car software. Charge stations in Britain are plentiful. EV’s have gauges that indicate charge level no different than a gas gauge. If someone is unable to grasp the simple concept that vehicles need fuel then they should probably be denied a drivers license. As you said. If you are going somewhere that doesn’t have a fueling point or charging point then make alternative arrangements.

This is a non issue.

Thus I propose an IQ test prior to owning an EV.[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric Pickup?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS