RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Electric Pickup?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric Pickup?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
RoyF

Fayetteville Arkansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan, Reisender, I, and every truck owner on this forum all use our trucks. Of course we do: we are RVers. I am saying that there is a big market out there for pickups that are used for hauling only now and then, and electric trucks can work for that market. For myself, I like my diesel F350 with the 98-gallon auxillary tank.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyF wrote:

Terryallan, Reisender, I, and every truck owner on this forum all use our trucks. Of course we do: we are RVers. I am saying that there is a big market out there for pickups that are used for hauling only now and then, and electric trucks can work for that market. For myself, I like my diesel F350 with the 98-gallon auxillary tank.

Holy ****. Yep, that sucker would have some serious range. Canada to Mexico in one shot....towing. [emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 10:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

RoyF wrote:

Holy ****. Yep, that sucker would have some serious range. Canada to Mexico in one shot....towing. [emoticon]

Where do I sign up to reserve a unit?[emoticon]

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

RoyF wrote:

How many pickup owners actually haul anything? Looking at all the pickups in my area, it is not many.
Very true, seems like most pickup beds are pristine.

I think most pickup trucks are just a fad or status symbol.

Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Minivans were all the rage starting in the mid 80s. That’s over. Pickups won’t be trendy too much longer IMO.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are numerous electric truck threads, in the Tow Vehicle section. And theyre about real electric trucks, not some lowered hot rod truck.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

RoyF wrote:

How many pickup owners actually haul anything? Looking at all the pickups in my area, it is not many.

I do. If you own a house, you need and use a truck. From hauling mulch, sand, pavers for side walks, lawnmowers, gravel, bikes, plywood, fire wood. The list is endless. And yeah. even groceries. Also need the bed to put suitcases in while traveling.

thing is. when you go get sand, gravel, or mulch. A truck is the perfect thing for them to use the front end loader to dump what ever you are buying in the bed.

Or a 700 dollar utility trailer. Our extended family bought one about 10 years ago as none of us own trucks but all own houses. It has done a lot of work over the years. We all pull it with hatchbacks or SUV’s. I have no problem with people owning trucks if that’s what they like but suggesting that a truck is a requirement if one owns a house is a huge stretch.

We do have a neighbour with a truck that borrows our trailer whenever there is s dirty job. Doesn’t want to scratch his truck box. [emoticon].

Scratches? I always thought that's what bed covers were for. But in truth. If I am at the hardware store, and see something I want. I just load it. I don't have to go get the trailer. and unless the trailer has solid sides, bottom, and tailgate. sand, gravel, and mulch runs out. I've seen people leave a trail all the way home from the mulch yard. Unless you put a tarp in it. I don't have to put a tarp in the truck. and I'm not sure I'd want to put 2 scoops of sand, or mulch, in one of those little trailers.

It may not be a requirement. But it sure is a handy thing to have. especially if you do a lot of stuff to the house, and lawn. plus, I don't have to find a place to park a trailer.

I would, and did have a truck if I had or didn't have a camper. Always did.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

RoyF wrote:

I do. If you own a house, you need and use a truck. From hauling mulch, sand, pavers for side walks, lawnmowers, gravel, bikes, plywood, fire wood. The list is endless. And yeah. even groceries. Also need the bed to put suitcases in while traveling.

thing is. when you go get sand, gravel, or mulch. A truck is the perfect thing for them to use the front end loader to dump what ever you are buying in the bed.

Or a 700 dollar utility trailer. Our extended family bought one about 10 years ago as none of us own trucks but all own houses. It has done a lot of work over the years. We all pull it with hatchbacks or SUV’s. I have no problem with people owning trucks if that’s what they like but suggesting that a truck is a requirement if one owns a house is a huge stretch.

We do have a neighbour with a truck that borrows our trailer whenever there is s dirty job. Doesn’t want to scratch his truck box. [emoticon].

Scratches? I always thought that's what bed covers were for. But in truth. If I am at the hardware store, and see something I want. I just load it. I don't have to go get the trailer. and unless the trailer has solid sides, bottom, and tailgate. sand, gravel, and mulch runs out. I've seen people leave a trail all the way home from the mulch yard. Unless you put a tarp in it. I don't have to put a tarp in the truck. and I'm not sure I'd want to put 2 scoops of sand, or mulch, in one of those little trailers.

It may not be a requirement. But it sure is a handy thing to have. especially if you do a lot of stuff to the house, and lawn. plus, I don't have to find a place to park a trailer.

I would, and did have a truck if I had or didn't have a camper. Always did.

I hear ya on the storage. Luckily one of the family members has a small acreage. Can't store anything in our Townhouse community. Ours is a solid bottom. Looking kinda rough after 10 years of shared use. [emoticon]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

There are numerous electric truck threads, in the Tow Vehicle section. And theyre about real electric trucks, not some lowered hot rod truck.
Real trucks? That's a matter of opinion, basically none of them have been seen in the wild, or much beyond the old "artist's rendering".

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Or a 700 dollar utility trailer. ”

Exactly what we use behind our Wrangler. We share ownership with s friend do it’s only $350 and we have trained the rest of of our friends to not ask to borrow it.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric Pickup?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS