RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Electric Pickup?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric Pickup?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/19 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

Try this one out. I live in a place where car ownership is restricted to ONE car per HOUSEHOLD. No personal trucks. Further, car size is restricted what you call sub compact cars. Mine is a 2004 Toyota Yaris. About the size of a Suzuki Swift.
You could be in the first community to eventually require a phase out of gasoline.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/19 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

For us RVers, pick up or a an SUV is a must to tow our RVs.

And EV makes sense for our long travel miles.

Right now I can imagine a big percentage of us will be opting for EV trucks when available and makes economic sense.

I agree...except maybe the economic sense part. People buy 60,000 half tons...as grocery getters. [emoticon]. I’m willing to bet that a LOT of people will spend 70 or 80,000 dollars on a Tesla high performance truck...on payments...spread over 8 years. [emoticon]

Just sayin.

We replace our vehicles about every 5 years just because we like new tech, safety features etc.....and that makes absolutely no economic sense. [emoticon]. Life is short, death is long. You can’t take it with you. [emoticon].

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/19 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Veebyes wrote:

Try this one out. I live in a place where car ownership is restricted to ONE car per HOUSEHOLD. No personal trucks. Further, car size is restricted what you call sub compact cars. Mine is a 2004 Toyota Yaris. About the size of a Suzuki Swift.
You could be in the first community to eventually require a phase out of gasoline.

They are doing that already in many countries in Europe.

So even European car companies are scrambling to produce EVs.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/19 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Right now I can imagine a big percentage of us will be opting for EV trucks when available and makes economic sense.

I disagree. No EV can touch the long travel miles that my TV gets with a 36 gallon tank. I can get an honest 400 miles towing or 650 miles not towing. I don't think an EV will give me that kind of distance in my lifetime.

I will opt for an EV when I can get 250 miles between charges, towing, and that charge takes no longer than 15 minutes. I can do that now with my TV, easily, with distance to spare. And I mean an honest 250 miles, not at 250 miles the battery is dead and you are stuck on the side of the road.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/19 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

For us RVers, pick up or a an SUV is a must to tow our RVs.

I agree...except maybe the economic sense part. People buy 60,000 half tons...as grocery getters. [emoticon]. I’m willing to bet that a LOT of people will spend 70 or 80,000 dollars on a Tesla high performance truck...on payments...spread over 8 years. [emoticon]

Just sayin.

We replace our vehicles about every 5 years just because we like new tech, safety features etc.....and that makes absolutely no economic sense. [emoticon]. Life is short, death is long. You can’t take it with you. [emoticon].

True. So even huge F250s. Come on say it! To back fill their gargantuan inadequacies.[emoticon][emoticon]

Used to just lease for 3 years and go complete replacement at the end.

Also, my company'd practice of full replacement for equipment at exactly 5 years on the conventional wisdom that more expensive repairs and breakdowns after beyond that.

Until I start owning Toyotas that seem to live forever -- trouble free.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/19 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

Have to smile when I see all the comments trying to justify the ownership of a pickup outside of its use for RV propulsion.

I didnt know trucks are for RV use only.

Used to work in construction so without truck I couldnt exist.

Tried to do w Camaros and Monte carlo but in winter snow you cant get anywhere here in a car.

And the Bigest reason for driving truck,its much safer then small car as its more visible in traffic and other drivers give you plenty of room..

Btw my 08 Silverado half ton with V8 motor gets full 3 mpg more then GM new mini trucks w 4 cyl motor,go figure

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

Have to smile when I see all the comments trying to justify the ownership of a pickup outside of its use for RV propulsion.

I can't believe anyone would willingly give up their rights so easily. What other rights do you have to give up to live there? Do they pay you live like that? I couldn't live like that. For me. No one tells me what to drive, or do with my property, unless they start making the payments. What do you do with your RV? Can you even bring it home? Mine sits in the backyard. Exactly where I want it to be.

Its veterans day. a day to honor those who died to protect our rights, and many of todays people just give their rights up. I don't understand

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Veebyes wrote:

I can't believe anyone would willingly give up their rights so easily. What other rights do you have to give up to live there? Do they pay you live like that? I couldn't live like that. For me. No one tells me what to drive, or do with my property, unless they start making the payments. What do you do with your RV? Can you even bring it home? Mine sits in the backyard. Exactly where I want it to be.

Its veterans day. a day to honor those who died to protect our rights, and many of todays people just give their rights up. I don't understand
If you look closely you'll also see that they list Bermuda as a place of residence. Considering the size of the island I think it would be likely they are referring to Bermuda when stating the restrictions.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

Btw my 08 Silverado half ton with V8 motor gets full 3 mpg more then GM new mini trucks w 4 cyl motor,go figure
Imagine getting a solid 50 to 80 MPGe with more usable power.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

free radical wrote:

Imagine getting a solid 50 to 80 MPGe with more usable power.

Are there supposed to be a decimal point there somewhere?[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric Pickup?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.