|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Demco Autoslide or B&W Companion Slider

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/19 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey my newest BEST thing since whatever are EBC brake pads!!! I used the "Orange HD Truck" on my 01 Sport and 15 DRW, Yellow on my DRV RV and not sure what they are called but also on my 09 Harley ElectraGlide.

SIMPLY AWESOME!!!

EXPENSIVE but worth every $$$.

[image]
[image]

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/19 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/19 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jodeb720 wrote:

I recently replaced my Truck and decided it's time to upgrade my hitch at the same time.

I've narrowed my decision down to two Hitches. Demco Autoslide or B&W Companion slider.

One of my biggest complaints in my old receiver was the lack of lateral gimble from side to side.

The B&W seems to have almost no side to side movement - where as the Demco seems to have enough to align the pin to jaws without binding.

Any thoughts on either? I know the Demco I have to adjust the side guide bars each time I connect to the 5er - but that extra work will be worth it because of the lateral gimble.

Thanks!

josh

Replying without reading ahead...

Apples and oranges. Auto-slider vs manual. Also, you give no info on what the new truck is. I will always recommend B&W, because it's what I have and my experience with my hitch and with B&W as a company tells me that they're one of the best products and companies around.

Just remember that no matter =what= hitch you get, you =can= still hit your cab when backing up. A slider only gives you a bit more time/room before you =do= hit.

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 61 Year Member

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/19 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jodeb720 wrote:

OP Here,

One question - the side to side pivoting on the B&W. How much is there?

I've seen the amount of play on the Demco but not on the B&W.

More times than not it's the lateral play that I've needed because of how the truck and the 5er aren't on the same plane and you either have to shim the truck tires into the plane or trailer. Otherwise, it's difficult to get the pin in the receiver without a lot of binding.

I've used my Reese for the last 10 years - and it worked. Ironically, I've only used my manual slide 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years. Probably because I was too lazy to get out of the truck, slide it back then get back in and park. I just maneuver into position by taking my time and wiggling into my spot.

I was watching video on the demco - you can connect beyond the 10 degrees, but you'll need to remove the side adjustments first, then connect (without the autoslide option) and then reconnect the parts after you're connected and aligned.

All of these hitches are far heavier than what I had in the past. I'm guessing a trip to harbor freight for a lift to pull/put the hitch in and out of the truck is in my future. good thing there's a veterans day sale on!

Thanks again

josh

Let's put it this way. There's enough "rock" in the B&W hitch that, if you have the "standard" 6" bed clearance, you can hit the corners of your bed, no problem, in certain situations. I've =seen= it happen. Personally, I have 8+" clearance and I still get out and check that I won't hit my bed getting in and out of my boondocking site.

Lyle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Demco Autoslide or B&W Companion Slider
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS