RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone attending blythe bluegrass festival 2020?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Anyone attending blythe bluegrass festival 2020?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
MarkieBob

Burlington, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/19 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're thinking about attending the blue grass festival in Blythe in 2020. Is anyone going? Where do you stay--on site or nearby RV park? Any suggestions?

2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Class A
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara toad.
2006 Ford F350 PSD 6.0 4x4
1990 18' Seaswirl boat

Ava

Vancouver Island. BC Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/19 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been a couple of times and stayed on site. Go early and you can get a wood burner and supplied wood. Be prepared for lots of noise from generators as lot of rvs dont use the solar panels.
Look up Blythe Chamber of Commerce to get a package deal.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/19 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blythe pretty much a homonym to blight which is what you get in Blythe. Personally, I would rather walk through a lion's cage wearing pork chop panties than stay in Blythe, California. I'd get my grass, blue or otherwise, elsewhere.

MarkieBob

Burlington, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Blythe pretty much a homonym to blight which is what you get in Blythe. Personally, I would rather walk through a lion's cage wearing pork chop panties than stay in Blythe, California. I'd get my grass, blue or otherwise, elsewhere.

Made me laugh. I have thought about staying in a nearby rv park and come days?

UtahBluegrass

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/26/19 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We'll be there. We've gone for several years. And I agree with Ava - come early, get a spot on the grassy area and they will bring a wood stove and a supply of firewood to your site. It is dry camping, though. There are two RV parks just east of the fairgrounds that some folks use but most stay at the fairgrounds. I'd guess that there were close to 200 rigs camped there. One change is that in past years the festival was put on by the chamber of commerce. For 2020 they have turned it over to the fairgrounds to run. The band lineup looks good and if they get the same volunteers as in years past, it should be a winner. Be prepared for cool to cold evenings.

You might also consider Bluegrass on the Beach Festival in Lake Havasu on the first weekend in March. It is our favorite festival.

2013 Evergreen Everlite 29RLW
2013 Ram Laramie diesel 4x4
Parties 10, Feeds 4, Sleeps 2

MarkieBob

Burlington, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UtahBluegrass wrote:

We'll be there. We've gone for several years. And I agree with Ava - come early, get a spot on the grassy area and they will bring a wood stove and a supply of firewood to your site. It is dry camping, though. There are two RV parks just east of the fairgrounds that some folks use but most stay at the fairgrounds. I'd guess that there were close to 200 rigs camped there. One change is that in past years the festival was put on by the chamber of commerce. For 2020 they have turned it over to the fairgrounds to run. The band lineup looks good and if they get the same volunteers as in years past, it should be a winner. Be prepared for cool to cold evenings.

You might also consider Bluegrass on the Beach Festival in Lake Havasu on the first weekend in March. It is our favorite festival.

its nice to see something positive about it. We're driving a long way so we don't want to be sorry

UtahBluegrass

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/19 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only potentially troubling variable is the weather. They have two outdoor stages. One is in the race track. The other is a smaller shaded stage area. If the weather gets wet, as it did two years ago, there is a very large building adjacent that they moved everyone into. There are three camping areas. The grassy area that I mentioned, the middle of the race track behind the stage (I wouldn't recommend it) and a gravel parking lot. All are easy walking distance to the stages.

MarkieBob

Burlington, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/05/19 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies. I've tried to download the registration form with no luck. I've also tried calling--no answer. Hmmmm. $60 for the RV selection--does that include camping AND admission? Pretty reasonable.

UtahBluegrass

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/19 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The $60 is just for your RV for up to four nights (In Thursday out Monday). You'll need $40 admission tickets for each person attending.

I just went on the online registration and everything seemed to work. In fact, I just used it for my own tickets. I was also able to download the registration by mail form but I noticed a problem - they tell you to mail it in with a self addressed stamped envelope but they don't give you an address where to send it. I'd just do it online and print out your receipt. They have a list at the gate of people who registered but I always print it out just in case. Here's the registration page in case you need it: https://coloradoriverfair.com/bluegrass-registration?olsPage=products

MarkieBob

Burlington, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/19 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UtahBluegrass wrote:

The $60 is just for your RV for up to four nights (In Thursday out Monday). You'll need $40 admission tickets for each person attending.

I just went on the online registration and everything seemed to work. In fact, I just used it for my own tickets. I was also able to download the registration by mail form but I noticed a problem - they tell you to mail it in with a self addressed stamped envelope but they don't give you an address where to send it. I'd just do it online and print out your receipt. They have a list at the gate of people who registered but I always print it out just in case. Here's the registration page in case you need it: https://coloradoriverfair.com/bluegrass-registration?olsPage=products

Thanks. Is there a problem waiting to purchase tickets until the show? Does it fill up too? I was able to purchase the RV spot

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Anyone attending blythe bluegrass festival 2020?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS