RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: New RV TV show 11/17/19

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > New RV TV show 11/17/19

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Airdaile

On The Road

Senior Member

Joined: 01/28/2019

View Profile



Posted: 11/25/19 04:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ependydad wrote:

Rice wrote:

ependydad wrote:

I watched Technomadia's posts as they originally aired it and you could read the heartbreak in their comments.

I don't understand. They're heartbroken about the show??


About the version that is airing on Discovery Channel. It isn’t what the producers submitted and about the horrific number of ads.

They’re encouraging people to stream it after the fact. More content and no ads.


That's pretty ironic. I stopped watching Technomadia's YouTube channel because they got too commercial. They got so much stuff for free, you couldn't trust their "reviews". I noticed that the Mortons have a bank of $1000 a pop Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries and are also appearing in their commercial. I suspected this show would be a continuation of the selling your soul on YouTube. I guess I was right.





Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/25/19 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Airdaile wrote:

ependydad wrote:

Rice wrote:

ependydad wrote:

I watched Technomadia's posts as they originally aired it and you could read the heartbreak in their comments.

I don't understand. They're heartbroken about the show??


About the version that is airing on Discovery Channel. It isn’t what the producers submitted and about the horrific number of ads.

They’re encouraging people to stream it after the fact. More content and no ads.


That's pretty ironic. I stopped watching Technomadia's YouTube channel because they got too commercial. They got so much stuff for free, you couldn't trust their "reviews". I noticed that the Mortons have a bank of $1000 a pop Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries and are also appearing in their commercial. I suspected this show would be a continuation of the selling your soul on YouTube. I guess I was right.


You referring to the batteries in the Truck camper?


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Rice

Wandering

Senior Member

Joined: 06/21/2003

View Profile



Posted: 11/25/19 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Airdaile wrote:

I noticed that the Mortons have a bank of $1000 a pop Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries and are also appearing in their commercial.

And I noticed that in that commercial, it identified them as "Morton's" on the move. Arrrgh.

Then again, that's pretty authentic because almost every sign that people put in front of their RVs uses that execrable apostrophe: The Smith's.

I wonder, though, if there are two types of commercials on shows that buy time on a network. Like in this case, there were some that were pretty clearly "Discovery" commercials, like Arby's, and some that were very specific to the show, like for the batteries. Maybe that's why there were so many--two different sources.

But surely that would all be spelled out in the contract, so it shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone involved in the show how many commercials there would be. Maybe they thought Discovery wouldn't be running any of their own??

And to be honest, some of this was the show's fault. After every break, they came back with a "This show is sponsored by..." thing, which is, of course, a commercial. That's on them.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/25/19 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"And I noticed that in that commercial, it identified them as "Morton's" on the move. Arrrgh."

What is your point?

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/25/19 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well.....I watched the 2nd one. I gave up and fast forwarded halfway through. How many shows can they make that tries to teach someone to drive a MH, and then say you aren’t sure on their abilities when the tow a large 5th wheel. I’m still stumped on that hole push/pull steering thing. That just seems dangerous!

I don’t think I’ll be watching it much longer. This is just basically a few you tubers that got together and sold some shows to a channel. Not much that you couldn’t find on you tube! With much less commercials.


Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!


Rice

Wandering

Senior Member

Joined: 06/21/2003

View Profile



Posted: 11/25/19 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"And I noticed that in that commercial, it identified them as "Morton's" on the move. Arrrgh."

What is your point?


I'll just assume that you're among the legions of RVers, along with whoever made the battery commercial, who don't know how to make a name plural. Hint: you don't use what I referred to as the execrable apostrophe.

ependydad

Here and there

Senior Member

Joined: 10/17/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 11/25/19 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"And I noticed that in that commercial, it identified them as "Morton's" on the move. Arrrgh."

What is your point?


He's angry because "Morton's" is possessive, i.e. "Morton's anger over the use of apostrophes seems excessive."

People mean to make words plural by adding the apostrophe when it isn't needed. So what it should be is: "The seven Mortons were saved by an Internet grammar king by not using an apostrophe."


2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page


fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 11/25/19 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you don't point out ignorance, you have no excuse to comment on it. And I hate it too that people who do this for a living, do it so poorly. Show designers I mean. It's like seeing misspellings and grammatical errors in news reports and/or books and magazines.


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/25/19 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WHEW! I thought there was something being said about the Morton’s.

I have known them since mid 2016, they are a very nice couple.

johnhicks

Wandering below the Gnat Line

Senior Member

Joined: 08/29/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/25/19 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the words of the immortal Frank Zappa, "The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe."


-jbh-

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > New RV TV show 11/17/19
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.