RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: New RV TV show 11/17/19

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > New RV TV show 11/17/19

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

Full Member

Joined: 12/31/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/26/19 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

WHEW! I thought there was something being said about the Morton’s.

I have known them since mid 2016, they are a very nice couple.


You did it again....The Morton's what?
The reoccurring nightmare?
Your going the wrong way?
Two many questions?
To plus too equals fore?

Proof readers are extinct.


2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS--Now with Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/26/19 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don’t claim to be an English Major.


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

Full Member

Joined: 12/31/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/26/19 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I don’t claim to be an English Major.


That's ok!!
But a TV producer should be.
Back on topic, I, too, was expecting more from this show. I've watched all of participants' YouTube channels and they all do a good job.

Rice

Wandering

Senior Member

Joined: 06/21/2003

View Profile



Posted: 11/26/19 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

WHEW! I thought there was something being said about the Morton’s.

About the Morton's what? And which Morton are you talking about?

Edit--Oops! Didn't see JKJavelin's reply. I give some leeway to news programs and newspapers, which have to get stuff up on the screen quickly, and mistakes do happen. But for anything with a longer lead time, like magazines and TV commercials, there's no excuse.

* This post was edited 11/26/19 05:23pm by Rice *

pnichols

The Other California

Senior Member

Joined: 04/26/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 11/29/19 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

emiddleb wrote:

Apparently there is a new RV show hitting TV on 11/17. It's called "The RVers" and will be on the Discovery channel at 8am. Made by the same guys who did "The Aviators" show on the same channel.

https://www.thervers.tv/

Not a lot of info but it does appear to be much more about living/using/tech/do-it-yourself and not the usual junk about staged tours/purchases. Here's hoping...


Well, I didn't read all of this discussion thread or watch the show ... but I'll just bet that: The topic(s) didn't include how to boondock camp for several days out in the middle of nowhere without having to run into a town for entertainment, or to restock something, every other day in a towed vehicle or a tow vehicle.

We sometimes boondock/drycamp in a small motorhome without a toad and stay put, once we're there. It took some time to learn how to do this and get our setup just right for this. We sure could have used just the right RV'ing show to help learn how to do this at the beginning. [emoticon]


Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 11/29/19 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Well, I didn't read all of this discussion thread or watch the show ... but I'll just bet that: The topic(s) didn't include how to boondock camp for several days out in the middle of nowhere without having to run into a town for entertainment, or to restock something, every other day in a towed vehicle or a tow vehicle.

We sometimes boondock/drycamp in a small motorhome without a toad and stay put, once we're there. It took some time to learn how to do this and get our setup just right for this. We sure could have used just the right RV'ing show to help learn how to do this at the beginning. [emoticon]
Well, considering you're not the target group, and your spending habits probably aren't profligate enough to register on their consumer chart, you're pretty much out of luck.


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

pnichols

The Other California

Senior Member

Joined: 04/26/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 11/29/19 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

pnichols wrote:

Well, I didn't read all of this discussion thread or watch the show ... but I'll just bet that: The topic(s) didn't include how to boondock camp for several days out in the middle of nowhere without having to run into a town for entertainment, or to restock something, every other day in a towed vehicle or a tow vehicle.

We sometimes boondock/drycamp in a small motorhome without a toad and stay put, once we're there. It took some time to learn how to do this and get our setup just right for this. We sure could have used just the right RV'ing show to help learn how to do this at the beginning. [emoticon]
Well, considering you're not the target group, and your spending habits probably aren't profligate enough to register on their consumer chart, you're pretty much out of luck.


Well, yeah ... my spending methodolgy is based on practical value instead of impractical wow-glitz. This sometimes requires me to buy at the high end and sometimes at the obscure end ... however with a lot of research beforehand, regardless of the end that I wind up at. [emoticon]

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

Senior Member

Joined: 11/24/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/29/19 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh Dang! Missed it again. Did I miss anything important? Did she get that mother of a MOHO out of the car park yet?


Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/29/19 09:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

Oh Dang! Missed it again. Did I miss anything important? Did she get that mother of a MOHO out of the car park yet?


Yes they did. And they are working on ripping off a rear corner! Since he isn't telling her to be watchful of the rear swing of that MH.


Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!


Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

Senior Member

Joined: 11/24/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/30/19 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

Veebyes wrote:

Oh Dang! Missed it again. Did I miss anything important? Did she get that mother of a MOHO out of the car park yet?


Yes they did. And they are working on ripping off a rear corner! Since he isn't telling her to be watchful of the rear swing of that MH.


Well, that would be a perfect lead in to a segment dealing with RV body repair.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > New RV TV show 11/17/19
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS