|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy's I4 2.7 turbo engine

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rubber Ducky1 wrote:

Groover wrote:

The two that I referred to are 2wd and I believe that the op's is also. That is good for one or two miles per gallon. And driving habits can make a lot difference.

My son's truck is a 4x4, double cab.

Then that is pretty good mileage for the truck. I really would like to see a direct comparison between the two engines to get a more precise comparison. I haven't found one yet.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

why buy a truck if it can't pull anything? Next they will try to sell you a 5 1/2 foot bed.

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

why buy a truck if it can't pull anything? Next they will try to sell you a 5 1/2 foot bed.

Said trucks will pull more than you think! To think a right with a 300/300 turbo charger motor can't pull anything, shows how far behind your thinking is.
I'd have no issues putting 6000 behind OPs son's truck, or the Ford trucks with the turbo 4 bangers in them. They'd probably do better than my BB V8's I've had, or some of the original turbo diesels of yor in 1 tons!!!
Marty

92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
00 Chev C2500, V5700, 4L80E, 4.10, base truck, no options!
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Check RV.Net Blogs at: blog.rv.net

Rubber Ducky1

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

My son didn't buy his truck to pull anything. He had a 2017 Chevy truck before this 2019 and he didn't tow anything with it. But he does use the bed of the truck to haul things every so often.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

I am trying to figure out if you are serious or trying to make a joke. If you are serious you need to drive some of these small engines, they pull amazingly well. And, the dealers tell me that most buyers want a 5 1/2ft bed on a half ton. I had to special order my truck to get the 6 1/2ft bed.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

ppine wrote:

I am trying to figure out if you are serious or trying to make a joke. If you are serious you need to drive some of these small engines, they pull amazingly well. And, the dealers tell me that most buyers want a 5 1/2ft bed on a half ton. I had to special order my truck to get the 6 1/2ft bed.

No, it’s just his typical “If you don’t have a 1 ton solid axle diesel, you don’t have a truck.” Speech.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine is a troll plain and simple. Yep, wants a 1 ton short8' box truck to haul things. When a real twuck has a 20k min graw or tandem 20k drivers. His lowly 1ton is still a light duty truck.
His reply troll post never saw the light of day!

Marty

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy's I4 2.7 turbo engine
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.