|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> $600K Of Marijuana Seized in MH Near Joliet, IL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

down home wrote:

Eveery time I come across a pot head PTD kicks in. It i hardwired, from things suffered in Nam.
It damages the brains of people, if they use it just a few times maybe once. ruined a CWO's life and nearly took it. Two of them high on Pot, did not install a locking ring on the driveshaft, to tail rotor properly. The ship crashed just after taking off. Another one sat stoned on bags on the position as rounds zinged right by him. They screamed at him and he laughed. Either a Russian 50 or rpg blew him to bits, I don't remember which. The stuff makes them think themselves superior and everyone else fools an so on.
Oh and legalize drugs, that will stop drug abuse, that will stop arrests for illegal drug use.
Yeah that's the ticket. Stay the h away from me while you are on it or ever used it. It criminalizes their minds. I don't care what thee Pot advocates/users and the tax many sa, Pot is a dangerous drug.

Reefer madness... smh...
Yeah, afraid so. With that kind of logic, guns do kill people.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 10:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is more than likely what happened during the stop. [emoticon]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 11:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon] !!!

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

1997 Triple E Topaz 27' Bunkhouse TT

I do
Precision Guesswork
based on
Vague Assumptions
&
Unreliable Data of Dubious Accuracy
provided by persons of
Questionable Intellectual Capacity

Now, What would you like done?

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/19 12:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

* This post was edited 11/21/19 12:22pm by down home *

Eric&Lisa

Scappoose, OR

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksg5000 wrote:

When Oregon legalized marijuana the price dropped significantly - there were farms/distributors everywhere. Feds are upset because Oregon suddenly became a major distributor of marijuana to other parts of the country where weed was still illegal....

Lots of legal grow operations around Oregon. A number of them are near schools / residential areas and were initial cause for concern. Fears turned out to be unfounded when the businesses said none of the product is for sale locally.

Not my thing, but it is the legal in the law of the land. Does seem rather smart for the businesses & Oregon to get a jump on the industry as other states legalize. It will be entertaining to watch other states refer to the early adopter state's tax 'revenue' from pot sales as reasons why they should legalize too....only to find out the supply chain is already built elsewhere.

As for the original topic of this thread, there is an amazing the lack of intelligence... "Hey, I'm committing a major felony, I'll just ignore the traffic laws so that the cops have a reason to pull me over." I guess dumb enough to commit the crime in the first place means dumb enough to get caught.

-Eric

Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many , many older types (Me) are not only using weed to help them rid themselves of pain but also to catch a buzz that they enjoyed 50 years ago. I know many that are using CBD and a bit of THC for their problems. This is great stuff and the pharmaceutical bastards can't touch it!
The thing that got me was the cost of weed today for those that smoke. 20 to 30 bucks a gram .... wow. But it is so much stronger than that of years ago.

The nice thing about rving is you can sit by a fire or just on the beach, chew up a gummie , catch a buzz and watch life in general go by.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/19 04:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's an ambulance man. True fans will catch it.
Now that big tax money is involved it will be as welcomed as booze was. You don't have to partake of either one if you don't want to.
Live and let live.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/23/19 03:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Sad world where so many people have to find some sort of artificial sense of well being. Hence the huge drug problems running rampant and getting worse. And then the people like the ones mentioned by the OP that want to make a ton of money off those seeking a fake high. Why? just why?

The kind of "drug" I like is the one found in the great outdoors. I call it "fresh air". I like the high I get from being parked by a lake with the TT, walking outside on a clear dark night looking at the immensity of the stars. The gentle sound of the soft wind wafting through the trees. The sound of a nearby stream, with the water tumbling over the rocks. The scent of campfire smoke drifting past.

It's a great feeling, a natural high. The enjoyment of life created by focusing on the good things, the positive, rather than all the things not in my favor.

Life is good, life is great and I consider it a blessing to be part of it. Life can be what you make it. People can choose to look only at the bad, then load up on mind altering drugs to escape, or they can look at all that's good, and smile and choose happiness. Attitude and outlook.....

I'm kinda crippled up right now, right arm in a sling, after Oct 30 surgery to fix a very badly damaged shoulder from a work injury. Can't sleep without severe discomfort, can't function normally, can't work, can't really do much, but I greet every day with a smile, thankful for the awesome life I have been so richly blessed with. I took a few pain killers for the first week to soften the intense pain, but quickly tossed them and chose to move forward.

Life is good, it really is, and I don't need fake happiness.

Hope you get well soon.

Your post was refreshing and so true.

Lakeside

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/23/19 06:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

Wonder what the cops used for PC to search the RV? I mean, it was just a headlight violation after all.

If I was a guessing man, probably the overwhelming odor of 100 lbs of weed in the motor vehicle...

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/19 07:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When the drug dog gives his handler the look, you know you’re SOL.

[image]

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> $600K Of Marijuana Seized in MH Near Joliet, IL
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.