RV.Net Open Roads Forum: $600K Of Marijuana Seized in MH Near Joliet, IL

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > $600K Of Marijuana Seized in MH Near Joliet, IL

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JRscooby

Indepmo

Senior Member

Joined: 06/10/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/27/19 05:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:


I remember back in the late 60's and well into the 70's going to Ford Auditorium and getting a contact high just walking in to watch a concert. Several times during the show a joint would come down the row for you to take a hit..................... Standard procedure back then. You could get high anytime anywhere. Weed exploded after Nam and was socially acceptable.
NOW 50+ years later we are discussing it, LOL Enjoyed it then and now no big deal.


Yes, everybody I knew expected legalization by the mid '80s, because the only harm we could see was fines and jail.


bucky wrote:

Sweet Thing and I are in a service club that invited some Police Officers to speak at a meeting.
Their presentation was almost completely about how to detect meth production in our neighborhood. They were very concerned about heroin and crack as well but the clues are much harder to spot than meth production due to the odor similar to cat urine. Houses have to be torn down in some cases.
They stated that there was absolutely no concern about pot at the individual level other than impaired driving.


The cost of production of meth is low, if you do not add the penalties of getting caught the mix. If there was a legal, and regulated supply, part of the regulation could be control of the dangerous chemicals.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/12/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 11/27/19 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

tomman58 wrote:


I remember back in the late 60's and well into the 70's going to Ford Auditorium and getting a contact high just walking in to watch a concert. Several times during the show a joint would come down the row for you to take a hit..................... Standard procedure back then. You could get high anytime anywhere. Weed exploded after Nam and was socially acceptable.
NOW 50+ years later we are discussing it, LOL Enjoyed it then and now no big deal.


Yes, everybody I knew expected legalization by the mid '80s, because the only harm we could see was fines and jail.


bucky wrote:

Sweet Thing and I are in a service club that invited some Police Officers to speak at a meeting.
Their presentation was almost completely about how to detect meth production in our neighborhood. They were very concerned about heroin and crack as well but the clues are much harder to spot than meth production due to the odor similar to cat urine. Houses have to be torn down in some cases.
They stated that there was absolutely no concern about pot at the individual level other than impaired driving.


The cost of production of meth is low, if you do not add the penalties of getting caught the mix. If there was a legal, and regulated supply, part of the regulation could be control of the dangerous chemicals.


Meth isn't part pf this board and shouldn't be. I know of no pluses for meth.


2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 11/27/19 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Meth isn't part pf this board and shouldn't be. I know of no pluses for meth."

Amen.


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

drsteve

Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/09/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/27/19 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Methamphetamine is used to treat attention deficit with hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8676/methamphetamine-oral/details


2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/12/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 11/27/19 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

Methamphetamine is used to treat attention deficit with hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8676/methamphetamine-oral/details

The other 95% just like having their mind leave the planet and it screws them up for life.

JRscooby

Indepmo

Senior Member

Joined: 06/10/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/02/19 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

"Meth isn't part pf this board and shouldn't be. I know of no pluses for meth."

Amen.



tomman58 wrote:


The other 95% just like having their mind leave the planet and it screws them up for life.


I do not use, and never have used meth. But some people do, and the fact that it is not legal has not changed that. I imagine that a large percentage of the users started because they discovered they where lied to about the so called "danger" of other drugs, so could/would not believe what they where told about meth.
There is, and always has been danger in alternative facts. Education is useless without a basses in truth.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > $600K Of Marijuana Seized in MH Near Joliet, IL
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS