|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Help with water problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
debili

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok I did try it...what schlep1967 said and pressure was good through the water line when water turned on...
I am fairly sure it is the faucet however I am still going to wait to see if the guy comes by because I cannot get the hoses disconnected to event replace the faucet...geez

rjsd1

NW Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The pull out spray head line can develop a kink in the hose under the sink. Mine did this. Had to loosen and move the weight that's attached to the hose to keep line from kinking.

2016 F250 6.2 4wd
08 Crossroads Cruiser 30sk

salem

Central Valley, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep us posted on the outcome. I'd like to know what the problem/solution was in case I'm ever faced with the same problem.[emoticon]

salem

Central Valley, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd still be interested in knowing, as I'm sure others would, if you determined what the problem was.

winniman

muskoka Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/19 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nine times out of ten, if it is a single lever facet, the cartridge inside is plugged or worn out. This can result in no hot, or no cold, or no water at all. They are easy enough to change. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng484pwhBRI This video is for a moen tap. There are other videos on other tap makers. They are mostly similar.

debili

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/19 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

***UPDATE
so this is where I am at...I removed the old facet myself but had to get a guy to come and loosen one bolt to do so...bought a new faucet got it home and realized the fitting didnt work wrong size took it back returned it tried to find another with the long hoses to replace it the same way...ended up rebuying the same one I just returned...a man in the aisle said he was a plumber helped me find some brass fitting adapters that would make it work.

In the middle of all of this my great nephew was in a horrible car accident two days before thanksgiving, the day before after he was determined brain dead and my nieces family had to make a decision...

in the following two days my others nieces husband came and helped me with the faucet which when I got it all together was leaking... it seemed he had got it fixed but over night it leaked more he came again and tighten it up more more teflon tape.
That was two days ago.
In the meantime my family is in shock loosing this young man 18 so unexpected and senseless. He was hit from behind at high speed.
after the second fix the pipes are now leaking in a different place.
The wake was last night and funeral today. I talked to my nieces husband that had helped he didn't seem real excited to come and help again...it is leaking I have pan under catching water. It has been a rough few days and right now I cannot even concentrate or deal with it...
Once I get a second wind i will attempt to do something not sure what and will update again....
thanks all Deb [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

salem

Central Valley, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/19 11:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very sorry to hear about your great nephew. Hope all works out good for you.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Help with water problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS