RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Do you have a bed liner?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Do you have a bed liner?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

FishOnOne, that's the worst "bed liner" I've ever seen.

I prefer the sprayed in variety but will always have some kind of bed liner. No reason to beat it up.

lol... That's a picture of a Dodge dashboard. But yes it looks so horrific its easy to confuse it to a beat up bed.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Boomerweps

Hills of PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like my bright red truck RED, even the bed for the most part. I picked up a proper fitting rubber bed mat. I don't haul dirt or sand but if I need to, I'll temporarily line it with a plastic tarp. You should pull it out once a month or so and clean underneath it. I do have an easily removed 4 fold tonneau cover to keep items from blowing out and mostly dry. The couple other trucks I've had, had bare beds and got looking like hard working trucks fast ;( After the new one's paint gets abused, I'll Rhino line it.

2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited
2019 F150 SCrew STX SB 5.0 factory tow package

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Uncle and Aunt just purchased a new '19 F150 recently and drove it over on Thanksgiving. I couldn't help notice it had a after market sprayed in bed liner that was already showing signs of fading. I'm sure the truck sat on the dealer lot for a while but to have a new 2019 truck with a fading bed liner is unacceptable.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boomerweps wrote:

I like my bright red truck RED, even the bed for the most part. I picked up a proper fitting rubber bed mat. I don't haul dirt or sand but if I need to, I'll temporarily line it with a plastic tarp. You should pull it out once a month or so and clean underneath it. I do have an easily removed 4 fold tonneau cover to keep items from blowing out and mostly dry. The couple other trucks I've had, had bare beds and got looking like hard working trucks fast ;( After the new one's paint gets abused, I'll Rhino line it.

I guy at work has a red Dodge Ram 2500 long bed truck and he had the bed sprayed with a red colored liner. The trucks red paint looks fantastic but the red bed liner now looks terrible.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/19 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

My 15 RAM LongHorn came with a liner, it's AWESOME!!!

Well of course it is, we expect nothing less from you. [emoticon]

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/19 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Uncle and Aunt just purchased a new '19 F150 recently and drove it over on Thanksgiving. I couldn't help notice it had a after market sprayed in bed liner that was already showing signs of fading. I'm sure the truck sat on the dealer lot for a while but to have a new 2019 truck with a fading bed liner is unacceptable.

Fade now or later ,they all fade a bit, never seen one that didn't lose a little color, but it is the inside of the bed ,and there to protect .

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Line-X and it is great for what I do: haul the 5th wheel, haul rock, haul dirt, haul lumber, haul other building supplies. Although mostly the truck just sits.

How the liner looks is pretty much immaterial, how it protects the bed is the important part. But it still looks good.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

AlmostAnOldGuy

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Retired JSO wrote:

We use a fitted rubber bed mat.

X2 Makes it easy on the knees and keeps stuff from sliding around. Easy to take out if you want to clean it or the bed. Depths vary, mine is thicker than some.

2012 F150 HD/Max Payload (8200 GVWR, 2176 payload) SuperCrew EcoBoost
2008 Komfort Trailblazer T254S

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Reflex bedliner on my current truck as well as my last truck. I actually like it better than the Linex I had in my 2004 truck from years ago. It's very grippy as well as durable.

Dan

2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

Fade now or later ,they all fade a bit, never seen one that didn't lose a little color, but it is the inside of the bed ,and there to protect .

There is a product that will bring the color back if interested. I use a Mothers product (cant think of the exact name right now) that brings the color back on trim pieces, works awesome. I am sure it would do the same for a bed liner.

2006 GMC 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Do you have a bed liner?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.