|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> pressure washers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/19 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ For sure. Good soap and a pre soak are definitely preferable.
But I’ve come to the same conclusion that there’s no such thing as a perfect “no touch” car wash.
Short of 4000psi or hot water combined with a pre soak. But I’m not buying a Hotsy for washing the cars, lol.
I’ve run hot water strait from the water heater thru the pressure washer. That is pretty good but still not 100% unless it is light dirt on a freshly waxed surface

Thanks for the input.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

hussbuss

home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/19 09:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok guys, coming from my 30 years of owning a mobile pressure washing operation let me give you some advice. I have pressure washed thousands of trailers from tin sides to million dollar motorhomes. If your pressure washer comes with a O degree tip, THROW IT AWAY. If you don't know how to use a 15 degree tip or a rotator tip then THROW THOSE AWAY TOO. Always use a 40 or 60 degree tip. Stay away from close contact and keep moving. We use a hot water 3000 psi unit with 2 guns and 5 gals. per minute. Put soap on with low pressure, bottom to top, brush scrub, and rinse top to bottom with hot wax injected into rinse water. Never had an insurance claim in 30 years. As mentioned above dirt or film requires scrubbing to be perfect.

hussbuss

home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/19 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now lets talk about actually washing a trailer. Always apply soap with your soap nozzle, low pressure from soap container, from bottom to top, other wise the soap runs down and streaks. next use the soft brush to scrub the dirt. Now switch to you high pressure 60 degree nozzle and rinse from top down. if you want to, now is the time to put some liquid wax mixed with water, about 4 or 5 ounces to a gallon into a separate jug an again apply using the low pressure nozzle and rinse again with the high pressure. Side note. always test first for color change. Filion type siding and some cheaper Gel coats will absorb the soap colors. Never use a red or brown colored soap. Always use the lightest colored soap you can. ONE MORE NOTE. RUN as fast and as far as you can from an AIRSTREAM Alumiumn trailer. Any caustic cleaner will remove the shine.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> pressure washers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS