RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Shower

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Shower

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
frankgibbons1947

Small City, NY

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/20 04:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been using the Camco shower head with an on/off switch in my RV.

I picked this shower head extension from the multitudes for the on/off switch option on the head. I wanted this not only to use in the RV shower but also for washing my dogs.

It's quite hard to switch the water off, with a regular shower head, when you're shampooing the dog without losing them. Then when you turn a normal shower head off you have to readjust to get the temperature right again.

But with this, all you do is flip the switch on the handle. It is awesome.

austinjenna

Columbus, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/20 04:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Shower head heretic here. A shower head is a shower head. Some have one spray, others have multiple sprays. There's nothing magical that makes an Oxygenic any better or worse than any other brand. It's just another shower head

I kind of agree on this myself. It seems to be a better spray pattern that what came with the trailer but I didn't notice any boost in pressure for me.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/20 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

An Oxygenics shower head uses about 1 1/2 gallon per minute. I use a shower head with a slow gentle stream. I use about a gallon for an entire shower. If you need to conserve water, an Oxygenics is a poor choice. If you are using hook ups then it doesn't matter.

You probably crank it way up to get to 1.5 gallons per minute. I ran a test last year with the typical water flow we use with our Oxygenics, and and I measured .6 gallons per minute. With a measured 5 minute shower that's 3 gallons total. I did not measure how much water was wasted from waiting for the water temperature to get right.
JK

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS--Now with Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights
2020- Coming up!

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/20 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The ad I saw claims that the flow can go as low as 1.5 gpm. https://inspiredliving.com/oxygenics/how-showerhead-works.htm

Anyway 3 gallons a water per shower is way more than the 1 gallon I use. That 1 gallon also includes the water needed to purge cold water from the lines. I cannot say I am exactly at 1.0 gallons per shower but from lots of measurements and averaging I know that amount is very close. With the claimed 1.5 gpm that would mean a total of about 40 seconds.

jdc1

Riverside, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/20 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Washing your hair while camping is like camping in a motel. LOL.

Etstorm

Frankston,TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/20 09:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not dry camp and usually only two of us. I have the Oxygenic and due to the flow restrictions, I drilled it out to get more water.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/20 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

Washing your hair while camping is like camping in a motel. LOL.

I do a lot of camping and hiking in the desert Southwest. After a day of activity, I am hot and sweaty and that includes my hair. At the very minimum I want at least a sponge bath so I am clean enough to get in bed. I can skip a shower and hair washing on days when I don't do much.

dcmac214

SW OKLA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Etstorm wrote:

I do not dry camp and usually only two of us. I have the Oxygenic and due to the flow restrictions, I drilled it out to get more water.

Nurse daughter turned us on to this. DW greatly dislikes dry camping and on the occasional times we're forced into it we'll 'shower' with packaged (forget brand) hospital single use 'washcloths' from the local medical supply store.

x2 on the restrictor. Thankfully the WaterPik we have had a pop-out metal disk restrictor, real easy to remove. Also had a hose easily twice the length of what came in the RV.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dcmac214 wrote:

Shower head heretic here. A shower head is a shower head. Some have one spray, others have multiple sprays. There's nothing magical that makes an Oxygenic any better or worse than any other brand. It's just another shower head.
Read This ye self proclaimed heretic.

Do not persist in your unbelief - but believe!

The part about Delrin being one of the secret weapons of Oxygenics success was new info for me.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

......Read This ye self proclaimed heretic.

I read the ad. It says the shower head can use as little as 1.5 gallons/minute. Since I am looking to maintain my 1 gallon shower that gives me a total of about 45 seconds for a shower. I don't need oxygen in my shower, just a low flow so I can wet down and later rinse off without using gallons and gallons of water.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Shower
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.