|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Sleeper sofa replacement

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
WBarnard

livonia, michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for a sleeper sofa about 60 to 65 inches wide. Looked at Lazy-Boy but too much $$$. Would like something about $400 to $500. Our last trailer we purchased a Jennifer which was very comfortable.
https://www.jenniferfurniture.com/collections/sleeper-sofas/products/softee-sleeper-sofa
Trouble is they closed their Michigan store and the East Coast is too far to pick up.
Anyone have any suggestion?
Many thanks
Bill B.
Livonia, Michigan

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/19 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does the Lay-z-boy provide what you want in a sleeper sofa? If so the extra money will go away over the time that you are enjoying it. It's the old story about the oats. You can get used oats for a bargain price but if you want nice clean oats it will cost more.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Old Days

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have a trailer drive to the east coast and buy one. Make a vacation out of it.

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/19 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WBarnard wrote:

...Trouble is they closed their Michigan store and the East Coast is too far to pick up.
Anyone have any suggestion?...

First off, welcome to the forums. Hope you stick around awhile with more questions. You may get some off-beat answers and responses, but somewhere in here, you may find a good answer to your questions.

Second, if you are really satisfied with the previous product, then why not make a road trip from Michigan to NY or NJ and go pick it up. Take the RV and have a great vacation. It gives you a final destination point, and lots and lots to see and do between where you are located and where you need to go. (That's what I'd do).

1) You will be purchasing the product you really want and has been time-tested by you.
2) You can pre order and once you arrive at the store put it directly into the camper.
3) You can make a really great road trip with lots and lots of camping opportunities between Michigan and NJ or NY.

If it were me, I'd vote for the road trip and go get the one I want. After all, that's why we have RV's to begin with! To travel and experience new things. Or spend the night at distant relatives, or use them for extra bedroom space, or for traveling when you really don't want to do motels!

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 04:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mastercraft Furniture in Shipshewana, Indiana, makes sleeper sofas for RV's. They make mostly RV furniture. They have a showroom and they even make different mattresses for them including an air mattress. They are very nice and friendly and can answer your questions. Their address listed is Lagrange, but their showroom is on SR5 in Shipshewana. It is a family owned business and 100% made in America. I do think the showroom closes around 3 p.m., but I would call to be sure. There is a lot to do around Shipshewana, so it could be a fun outing. They all do custom work. I don't think you would be disappointed in the quality.

https://www.mastercraftincorporated.com/

Their FB page shows more furniture:

https://www.facebook.com/Mastercraft-Incorporated-396883937101580/

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

WBarnard

livonia, michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/19 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hay, finally found one at ABC Warehouse ( Locations in Michigan- Ohio and Indiana.
Model - SIMMONS UPHOLSTERY 1530-MINI-SLEEPER-SOFA-
and it's 54 inches wide. Went to their store in Livonia, Mich and tried it out. Very comfortable ( I'm 6'1" and 212 Lbs) Price $497..

Thanks for everyone's help.
Have a great holiday!!!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Sleeper sofa replacement
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS