RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Have no electrical power and no propane on one side of coach

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

 > Have no electrical power and no propane on one side of coach

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
majordad

carson city, nv

New Member

Joined: 08/22/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/29/19 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Need help, 1800 miles from home, I have lost the 120 volt power on passenger side of my 2001 Fleetwood Discovery and the propane does not work to the heater or refrigerator. The other day I started the coach as the batteries were low and let it run for about 15 minutes. I also Reset the a/c out 1 and 2 on the inverter and when I checked the bathroom lights, they came on. I releveled the coach and shut off the engine. As it got dark, I turned on the heater and it was working fine. Came back later to put the boys to bed and heater was blowing cold, ignition failure on the hot water heater and again no lights in bathroom..
Any advice as to what is wrong, we need the heater going home as it will be colder.
Merrill

* This post was edited 11/29/19 10:32am by majordad *

rgatijnet1

Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 06/22/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 11/29/19 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The power issue is either a GFI outlet that has tripped or the inverter. These are the outlets with a red reset button on them. You may have only one or two on your coach.
The other thing to check is the circuit breakers on your inverter itself. Most usually have two circuit breaker buttons that can trip. These are on the inverter and NOT in your main circuit breaker power panel.
I should have added that your salesman switch, usually by the door, may have be switched off which would keep 12 volts from going to either the WH or the furnace. With no 12 volts, neither will work.

rk911

Wheaton IL

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/29/19 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

regarding the power...

- 50 amp or 30 amp coach?
- check for a tripped GFCI outlet in the kitchen, bath. your power out on one side almost screams a tripped GFCI
- if that's not the problem disconnect from shore power and start the genny. if all electric is working your problem is likely at the post. if problem persists you may have missed a GFCI

ref the LP...simple things first...

- lp tank full or at least not empty? supply valve on?
- was furnace working before?
- will the stove light?


Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
_________________________________
2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
'46 Willys CJ2A
'03 Jeep Wrangler TJ
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

majordad

carson city, nv

New Member

Joined: 08/22/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/29/19 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

majordad wrote:

Need help, 1800 miles from home, I have lost the 120 volt power on passenger side of my 2001 Fleetwood Discovery and the propane does not work to the heater or refrigerator. The other day I started the coach as the batteries were low and let it run for about 15 minutes. I also Reset the a/c out 1 and 2 on the inverter and when I checked the bathroom lights, they came on. I releveled the coach and shut off the engine. As it got dark, I turned on the heater and it was working fine. Came back later to put the boys to bed and heater was blowing cold, ignition failure on the hot water heater and again no lights in bathroom..
Any advice as to what is wrong, we need the heater going home as it will be colder.
Merrill


What is the salesman switch , what does it look like

majordad

carson city, nv

New Member

Joined: 08/22/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/29/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

The power issue is either a GFI outlet that has tripped or the inverter. These are the outlets with a red reset button on them. You may have only one or two on your coach.
The other thing to check is the circuit breakers on your inverter itself. Most usually have two circuit breaker buttons that can trip. These are on the inverter and NOT in your main circuit breaker power panel.
I should have added that your salesman switch, usually by the door, may have be switched off which would keep 12 volts from going to either the WH or the furnace. With no 12 volts, neither will work.


50 amp service, 2 switches on inverter, do not act like breakers, no click when moved, could 1 of those be bad

rgatijnet1

Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 06/22/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 11/29/19 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Switch the 50 amp breaker on the RV park power pole. You may have lost just one leg of the input power. The salesman switch shuts off basic power inside the coach and sometimes gets bumped to the off position. Most are right near the front door.

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/05/2005

View Profile






Posted: 11/29/19 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many Fleetwood products have a solenoid to turn the propane off at the tank. Check propane detector to insure it is on


Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker


dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 06/11/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/29/19 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

Switch the 50 amp breaker on the RV park power pole. You may have lost just one leg of the input power. The salesman switch shuts off basic power inside the coach and sometimes gets bumped to the off position. Most are right near the front door.


They are NOT called Salesman switches. They are called Battery Disconnect Switches. Doug

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/26/2002

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/29/19 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A long shot but----I had lost power to one side of my 5th wheel, after have the tech check all electrical systems, he went and unplugged the 50 amp shore line cord and then pushed it back on . The problem was that when I plugged in my shore line cord, I did not push it in all the way!!!! Easy fix but another one of those operator dumb mistakes by me!!!!

cavie

Port Charlotte Fl/ Hindsdale MA

Senior Member

Joined: 04/28/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/29/19 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

Switch the 50 amp breaker on the RV park power pole. You may have lost just one leg of the input power. The salesman switch shuts off basic power inside the coach and sometimes gets bumped to the off position. Most are right near the front door.


They are NOT called Salesman switches. They are called Battery Disconnect Switches. Doug


You are 100% correct Doug. Unfortunately the Majority of MH owners don't know any better. I don't think it is ever gonna change. I would love to hear one of them go to a hardware store and ask for a salesman switch.

It's like MH owners saying they have an RV and the rest of us have......I don't know, tents with wheel I guess.


2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

 > Have no electrical power and no propane on one side of coach
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS