|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Jayco TV antenna

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
jolvi

SW Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/19 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have asked this question before, sent an email to Jayco got a reply and is absolutely not a great answer. This is the antenna but nowhere can I find any information about it. Have searched thru unit and cannot find documentation for it. So if any of you all have a clue it would be greatly appreciated. Have sent email to vendor no answer yet and Jayco telling me to contact dealer uh that may be a no answer there too. Anyway this is the information.

TV Antenna: Jayco PN 0342149// ANTENNA,TV AM/FM SHARK FIN BLACK-STEINER

Vendor of Antenna: STEINER TECHNOLOGIES LLC

Thanks

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is your question about it?

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

Maybe that is why Jayco gave him a not great answer. Since he has not addressed his question on this forum[emoticon] Doug

Remember, Garbage IN---Garbage Out[emoticon]

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What he wants to know is, HOW does it operate as Jayco gave no manuals with his 2020 Jayco. Jayco has no answer and directed him to his dealer. Even tho I WORK for a Jayco dealer, that Antenna is new and from what I can find out, it is just a small Shark Fin Omnidirectional TV antenna. From its description, will probably have a reception radius of less than 30 miles. Doug

jolvi

SW Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/19 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

ScottG wrote:

Maybe that is why Jayco gave him a not great answer. Since he has not addressed his question on this forum[emoticon] Doug

Remember, Garbage IN---Garbage Out[emoticon]

Exactly there is no manual on it in all the documentation, even down to the CO detector and all, did register the TV and Entertainment and it gave me access to the owners manual, but nothing to be found on TV antenna. So the question is has anyone else had this antenna and have any information about it. If you wish to you can go to Haylett RV videos and see the antenna I am talking about on the the review of the 2020 Jayco products.

jolvi

SW Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/19 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

What he wants to know is, HOW does it operate as Jayco gave no manuals with his 2020 Jayco. Jayco has no answer and directed him to his dealer. Even tho I WORK for a Jayco dealer, that Antenna is new and from what I can find out, it is just a small Shark Fin Omnidirectional TV antenna. From its description, will probably have a reception radius of less than 30 miles. Doug

Thank you very much that is what I get when I call dealer it is new and we have no information on it, well that is not a help. I appreciate your answer helps some.

Thanks

jolvi

SW Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/19 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

If anyone knows anything about it, such as range which this is not our first RV so know that some antennas are better than others but in the packet of documentation there is nothing on it, but hey did find the little pamphlet on the Dometic thermostat and know that when it switches fan speeds there will be a shutoff and then back on again.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the looks of it is can not be rotated to seek best signal or raised to improve performance (Sticks on with double side tape)

So there are only two possible answers as to how it works

If you have a wall plate with a 12 volt outlet. Switch LIght and antenna conneciton then light on TV ANTENNA selected

If not then it very likely does not work worth a (Deleted) but hook the coax to the TV and see what you get. or not

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On one of the videos (Jay Feather), if the antenna cannot be raised, it is wooded by the air conditioner. Luck of the draw if the stations you want are in the blind arc or not.

If it is just stuck down, maybe pry it off (Eternabond where it was) and put it on top of the air cond. shroud. You can add a piece of coax to reach there.

1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
See Profile for House electronics set-up.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/19 04:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Better yet pry it off and replace with a Winegard Sensar IV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Jayco TV antenna
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS