|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Jayco TV antenna

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/19 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went to our lot and looked at a few 2020's. The Antenna is just a simple omnidirectional. You go to the main TV area and just turn the Antenna booster ON and it does the reception. No manual or instructions needed. Doug

jolvi

SW Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/03/19 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

Went to our lot andby looked at a few 2020's. The Antenna is just a simple omnidirectional. You go to the main TV area and just turn the Antenna booster ON and it does the reception. No manual or instructions needed. Doug

So when I turn on the booster and get a few pixalated pictures and 2 stations nothing else to do but get a satellite. Now that is sad. Oh did find out the antenna is made and it is not a major player.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/19 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jolvi wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

Went to our lot andby looked at a few 2020's. The Antenna is just a simple omnidirectional. You go to the main TV area and just turn the Antenna booster ON and it does the reception. No manual or instructions needed. Doug

So when I turn on the booster and get a few pixalated pictures and 2 stations nothing else to do but get a satellite. Now that is sad. Oh did find out the antenna is made and it is not a major player.

You can tell from the design and size, the reception radius is extremely small. Good news is, you can install a regular antenna in place of this useless junk. Doug

Tom_M

New Hope, MN

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/19 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jolvi wrote:

So when I turn on the booster and get a few pixalated pictures and 2 stations nothing else to do but get a satellite.
You most likely need a better antenna. The Winegard Sensar IV is considered the best RV TV antenna. You will have to drill a hole through your roof to install it. The instructions say to install it so that the antenna stows to the rear. This would not work for my installation so I positioned it so that the antenna stows to the side.

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/19 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The King omni antenna on our Coachmen is essentially useless unless we are camped in our backyard, which happens to be close to several TV towers.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

jolvi

SW Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/19 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom_M wrote:

jolvi wrote:

So when I turn on the booster and get a few pixalated pictures and 2 stations nothing else to do but get a satellite.
You most likely need a better antenna. The Winegard Sensar IV is considered the best RV TV antenna. You will have to drill a hole through your roof to install it. The instructions say to install it so that the antenna stows to the rear. This would not work for my installation so I positioned it so that the antenna stows to the side.

Progressing right along. Product is made by Steiner Enterprises Lafayette Indiana. Sent email to A person there and basically he stated that they have no documentation for end user. Great plan Person at Jayco has A bit of information but can't figure out how to get it to me. But then again someone at Jayco says that the manufacturer is Steinert Technologies.

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/19 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deleted after seeing OP's latest.

* This post was edited 12/04/19 12:06pm by BFL13 *

1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
See Profile for House electronics set-up.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/19 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't understand why you need documentation. It is a simple cheap omnidirectional Antenna. There are no user settings or ways to change its operation. Doug

jolvi

SW Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/19 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

I don't understand why you need documentation. It is a simple cheap omnidirectional Antenna. There are no user settings or ways to change its operation. Doug

So Doug when you said you went out to your 2020's on the lot so are you and employee of a dealership? Just curious as if you are then if someone asks about the television do you just say on or off just a simple reciever, radio same thing, stove, pump heck all of the stuff in an RV according to you statement is cheap no instructions needed. I am one of those people who like to know a product and how it functions maybe too many years in a the digital electronics world but I guess that is my problem. Good luck to you and your endeavors in life it is after all you are born you live you die simple on off no directions needed.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/19 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jolvi wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

So Doug when you said you went out to your 2020's on the lot so are you and employee of a dealership? Just curious as if you are then if someone asks about the television do you just say on or off just a simple reciever, radio same thing, stove, pump heck all of the stuff in an RV according to you statement is cheap no instructions needed. I am one of those people who like to know a product and how it functions maybe too many years in a the digital electronics world but I guess that is my problem. Good luck to you and your endeavors in life it is after all you are born you live you die simple on off no directions needed.

I am a technician(40 years). I understand you want documentation. But, it is not needed once you have the parameters. At this point you and I have more knowledge on this Antenna than probably anybody in the USA including Jayco. Doug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Jayco TV antenna
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS