|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TR: The Road to winning a National Championship

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mote wrote:

That's awesome. Way to go Ruth. You're quite a husband helping her out with her dream.
Bet you're glad you had the dually for that trip and not the old '03 single rear wheel.

The dually has a way more comfortable interior and is so much more stable in heavy winds. It really minimized the fatigue factor. Bonus was the 6.7L diesels capability over the 6.0 engine at altitude.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What an adventure! Hard work by everyone involved. Thank you so much for sharing this TR. congrats to Ruth and Wyleigh!

What is next?

b

08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bka0721 wrote:

What an adventure! Hard work by everyone involved. Thank you so much for sharing this TR. congrats to Ruth and Wyleigh!

What is next?

b

snow shoe trip to either the sierras or cascades

Ruth has her next goal of riding in the Festival of Champions in Chicago next summer. Top 15 Intermediate 1 horses in the Country get the invite. She wants to be the only Amateur to make it (its usually only Professionals)

bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buzzcut1 wrote:

bka0721 wrote:

What is next?

b

snow shoe trip to either the sierras or cascades

Ruth has her next goal of riding in the Festival of Champions in Chicago next summer. Top 15 Intermediate 1 horses in the Country get the invite. She wants to be the only Amateur to make it (its usually only Professionals)

Well, I’m not that far from Cheyenne in summer months. You know where to find me. You guys are always welcome at my camp.

b

bigfootgrey

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations to Ruth! Thanks for the great trip report! Very enjoyable!

2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s. 2015 Lund Alaskan 1600 tiller.

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/19 09:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Couple of things that made the trip way easier. Full service on everything. the suspension upgrades: Torklift Upper and Lower Stableloads and Loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags by Airlift. Iwas able to hadle the crosswinds and trailer load with ease. Can't say enough about the superhitch, 48" super truss and weight distribution hitch for towing that large trailer. Modifications that I'm going to do or did. I got the new vent cover. I'm adding some screws to hold it in place in the winds. Entry door to the TC. It was letting cold air in around the edges. I yanked off all the foam weather stripping and replaced it with rubber seals, I also discovered two gaps in the rubber weather stripping on the bottom of the door, replaced that weather strip too. On the truck the shop did a great job installing the new windshield the day after we got back. And lastly Kudos to the Valvolene oil change guys in Frankfort Ky due to the severity of the towing conditions the computer indicated that I needed to do a change in KY rather than when I got back. They got me in and out in 20 minutes. I sat in the truck and watched them work under the truck and in the engine area via video cam. When they pulled my air filter and it was totally black I had them change that too. Campground at the Kentucky Horse Park was quiet and spotlessly clean. The showers in the bathrooms had nice hot water and they were also spotlessly clean. Great place to stay if you are going to do the Bourbon Trail..hint hint.

twichers

Navarre, FL

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/19 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great read.

My wife is a purely recreational dressage rider so that added a bit more interest.

Congratulations and good luck on the next event!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TR: The Road to winning a National Championship
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.