|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Grand Design owners forum

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
riven1950

NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/19 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure if this has been posted before or not but there is a fairly new Grand Design owners technical forum in which GD participates. I just joined so not sure of the details but a nice gesture on part of GD I would think.

https://gdrvowners.com/AboutUs

There is also a different GD owners forum which has been around a while. Not supported by GD.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/19 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Won't be long before GD in inundated with posts and will have to pull the plug.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/19 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do they charge people to join their forum like Arctic Fox tries (and fails) to do?

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/19 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

Do they charge people to join their forum like Arctic Fox tries (and fails) to do?

No. The moderators are all volunteers that had previously participated and/or moderated on the other GD owners forum. It's going very well on the new forum and the GD reps who monitor it have been very responsive.

Clickable link: https://gdrvowners.com/

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MOR/ryde independent suspension, disc brakes, LR G tires
2020 Solitude 310GK-R on order (with MORryde IS)
PullRite OE 18K, Demco Glide Ride pin box
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a profile on both forums. I get a lot of help and zero grief - people are actually friendly and helpful. It's a great resource.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

riven1950

NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012coleman wrote:

I get a lot of help and zero grief - people are actually friendly and helpful. It's a great resource.

That's good to hear. The other paid site has been very helpful. Looking forward to trying this one out.

BTW Anyone know if the paid site will continue? A lot of info for the cost of a 12 pack every year.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, the original site is still up and running.

I go there daily, just like here.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

minnow

Upstate South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/07/19 04:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have not gone to the GD sponsored forum. The original (non supported) forum is just fine. Been a member there for several years. I found it very off putting the way those former moderators pulled a fast one going behind the backs of the original forum owner getting GD fully paid for trips to Indiana to meet with GD to plot the launch of the GD sponsored forum. Then GD threatened legal action against the original forum as GD wanted to steal their forum name(which they did get). Once everything was in place, all the original moderators resigned en-mass to moderate at the GD sponsored forum leaving no moderators at all at the original forum. Very unseemly and those guys sold their respect for some free trips and a GD hat & shirt. I used to have a lot of respect for those guys as to the way they oversaw the forum. Was blown away how some corporate bling and fancy titles can corrupt.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/07/19 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

minnow wrote:

I have not gone to the GD sponsored forum. The original (non supported) forum is just fine. Been a member there for several years. I found it very off putting the way those former moderators pulled a fast one going behind the backs of the original forum owner getting GD fully paid for trips to Indiana to meet with GD to plot the launch of the GD sponsored forum. Then GD threatened legal action against the original forum as GD wanted to steal their forum name(which they did get). Once everything was in place, all the original moderators resigned en-mass to moderate at the GD sponsored forum leaving no moderators at all at the original forum. Very unseemly and those guys sold their respect for some free trips and a GD hat & shirt. I used to have a lot of respect for those guys as to the way they oversaw the forum. Was blown away how some corporate bling and fancy titles can corrupt.

Yup... That's how I saw it too. I went there once recently and saw all the guys who used to do a great job moderating the old forum all jumped ship.

Im sure there's two sides to the story, but your summary, I believe is much more correct than anything the other side could come up with. It's a shame really. I still enjoy the old forum.

Mike

jdb7566

minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

riven1950 wrote:

Not sure if this has been posted before or not but there is a fairly new Grand Design owners technical forum in which GD participates. I just joined so not sure of the details but a nice gesture on part of GD I would think.

https://gdrvowners.com/AboutUs

There is also a different GD owners forum which has been around a while. Not supported by GD.

I got booted from the supported GD forum for having the audacity to criticize the workmanship of my GD Solitude. Words like "clown" and "infinite wisdom" are grounds for banishment. I have no problems with My Grand RV Forum.

* This post was edited 12/08/19 06:22am by jdb7566 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Grand Design owners forum
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS