RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What jack to have onboard for roadside tire changes?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> What jack to have onboard for roadside tire changes?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 04:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yep,I,m to darn old to be wrestling tires. cell ph, and coach net has wok well for us. and it only took them two hrs job done.from call to thank you. an a nice tip.

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I carry a mounted spare and the tools to change it. I really hate being dependent on others. I don't know how long I'll be able to do this but at 76 I'm still twisting nuts and bolts part time.

Richard

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/03/19 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my previous M. H. I used the levelers to change a front tire and at a later date a rear outside dual. I also carry a bottle jack in case the levelers won't get it high enough. If the axle is too low to get the bottle jack under the levelers should get it high enough. My M H only has 19.5 tires, If they were any bigger I am not sure I could handle them. I do have G.S. roadside assistance, but I hate to sit on the side of the road for an hour or more for something I can do myself. I an 75 so things keep getting harder but I think I can still do it! LOL

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

RustyMacIntosh

Fresno, Cal

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/19 04:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be wary of AAA. I have (expires 12/9) AAA Premium Tow. A towing company out of Monterey Park, Cal aka Freeway Towing, damaged the yoke on my MH, removed the driveshaft, I had to put it back in, stole my computers, have attempted to use those computers on various occasions, and AAA could care less.

They also demanded $850 in cash before he would move the motorhome at the initial tow even though I had Premium AAA.

Needless to say, there is now a case number with the police department, and now a pending civil suit in Superior Court where both Freeway Towing, and AAA and I will be facing a judge.

Does AAA care? Nope. If a tow company damages your rig, you are on your own guys. I have insurance now through USAA and they treat me like gold.

I can assure you, this screwup by AAA and their tow company they sent out to rescue me and my MH in October is far from being over. You know there are situations in this world where you become very pragmatic.

Footnote: The driver of the tow rig did not fill out any log books when towing me from SoCal to NorCal that night. His driving was horrible, he clearly was on some chemical.

He bragged about being the Cal Highway Patrol in SoCal's #1 tow company they call when big rigs are disabled. AAA is owned by a large company out of Florida. They were served yesterday....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> What jack to have onboard for roadside tire changes?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS