|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> More Genny wars

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the record Honda's have 1.5 special features the others lack, NOW this is only important IF they are important to you.

First the 0.5 The 2000 companion. it has a 30 amp outlet (usually 2000's only have 15/20 amp outlets) and thus when paired with a regular 2000 (or another companion) it uses a lower cost parallel kit.. I call this a half feature because the Regular 2000's With the more expensive kit.. the 30 amp outlet is part of the kit.

The real feature is a genuine honest to engineering fuel pump. .What this means it it can not only use the gas that is in the on-board tank but it can "Suck" gas out of an "extended run" tank. I have no clue as to how big that tank is (Please use the genuine tank not a home brew) But if you need to run for say 20 or more hours like to keep the wife warm when the power company fails (Been there. Done that, used the motorhome's ONAN) well that can be a REAL feature.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My friend has a dual fuel generator which he says he bought online for less than $300 with output of 3,500 watts.

It's made it China and he joked that it's "disposable" once it shows first signs of malfunctioning. So far it's been more than a year and tried it actually and did start with just one pull.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

You can get the 3200w Firman inverter generator at Costco, for $100 cheaper.

That weights too much for me to easily load in the back of a pickup truck.

"What the RV world needs ..." is a 2800/2400 inverter generator that weighs about 50 lbs and has a run time of at least 8 hours at half load.

The closest one to that is the Westinghouse iGen 2500

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 09:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Just got the e'mail from Home Depot on their Cyber Monday sales and noticed a LOT of generators listed, new inverter units especially some larger Briggs types with 4500 to 6500 watt sizes, and thought this was funny, a little pair of sportsman's with the parallel kit for $599. Sportsman

Seems like a lot of new players also with dual fuel units added to the mix now.

Note that and FWIW, the specs for the Sportsman generator set state that they are not recommended for use above 3000 ft altitude.

This may be OK most of the time, but not for overall general flexibility in RV camping.

* This post was last edited 12/03/19 10:42am by pnichols *   View edit history

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> More Genny wars
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS