RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Pin Box again Moryde vs Trailair

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Pin Box again Moryde vs Trailair

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Teebone56

Kennewick Washington

Senior Member

Joined: 08/14/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/27/20 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wing_zealot wrote:

bucky and teebone, you realize your responding to a post that's a year old - right?

I do the .....subject was Trailair...... should I start a new thread?........Mr Moderator


2013 Epic Voltage 3200
2007 Silverado 2500HD CC SB 4X4 6.6 D/A
2017 RZR XPT


Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/27/20 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Teebone56 wrote:

How much air pressure do you run in your trail air? I find that 40 lbs works good for me I have not found a minimum. Airing up to the arrows 65 lbs is just to stiff anyone else in that neighborhood?


I run 100# and that does not bring it up to the arrow. I only have 6k pin.....


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/27/20 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wing_zealot wrote:

bucky and teebone, you realize your responding to a post that's a year old - right?


Does that make it less relevant???

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/27/20 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Teebone56 wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

bucky and teebone, you realize your responding to a post that's a year old - right?

I do the .....subject was Trailair...... should I start a new thread?........Mr Moderator


HE!! no, rock and roll.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/27/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Teebone56 wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

bucky and teebone, you realize your responding to a post that's a year old - right?

I do the .....subject was Trailair...... should I start a new thread?........Mr Moderator


HE!! no, rock and roll.


Well at least now you got someone to agree with you [emoticon] Carry on .

Teebone56

Kennewick Washington

Senior Member

Joined: 08/14/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/27/20 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Teebone56 wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

bucky and teebone, you realize your responding to a post that's a year old - right?

I do the .....subject was Trailair...... should I start a new thread?........Mr Moderator


HE!! no, rock and roll.


Well at least now you got someone to agree with you [emoticon] Carry on .

Thanks just thought I would get some ideas on air pressure in the trailair maybe the information gets stale after a year....lol but seriously is there a time limit on threads and information asking for a friend?

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/27/20 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are fine to bring up ANY post!!!

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/27/20 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Teebone56 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Teebone56 wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

bucky and teebone, you realize your responding to a post that's a year old - right?

I do the .....subject was Trailair...... should I start a new thread?........Mr Moderator


HE!! no, rock and roll.


Well at least now you got someone to agree with you [emoticon] Carry on .

Thanks just thought I would get some ideas on air pressure in the trailair maybe the information gets stale after a year....lol but seriously is there a time limit on threads and information asking for a friend?


I don't think there is any time limit, I was just having some fun with 12V . There was some discussion earlier in this thread on tire pressure on the tow vehicle , there was the reply here today agreeing with 12V ,prior to that it seemed most run max inflation when towing a fifth wheel, I do . But mine is also a SRW , not a dually.

The point made on using the inflation chart according to weight was 12V thinks tire inflation creates chucking, IMO it does not.

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

Senior Member

Joined: 12/31/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/27/20 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm typically 50-60 lbs with a 2800 lb pin.
I don't run it up to the top of the arrow. Why keep it at the top of the stroke, I like to keep the shock in mid stroke and watch it float behind me.
I found it's also a good tool for the correct trailer brake gain, when it's right the shock absorber will neither compress or extend during braking.
JK


2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k
570 watts of Solar

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights
2020- 72 Nights
2021- 65 Nights

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/27/20 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love my combo.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Pin Box again Moryde vs Trailair
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.