RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Creative Towing

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Creative Towing

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/08/19 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shiner Brock wrote:

The 13L is soffered in the US, but it cannot compete with the Cummins offerings. Some of our 140+ dealerships throughout the US are also Ud And Isuzu dealers and we are in constant worh their corporate offices all the time as their largest dealer network in NORTH America. The reason why they don't offer ther bigger trucks offered elsewhere is because they don't sell well compared to the current competition from the domestic brands since it has less power and capability than what is already offered in the US. 

The 13litre is not avaiable in the US, Only the 8.8 ltre.

HinoUS XL class 8 with 9 litre Diesel
Well seeing
NA has a complete aversion to Cabovers, I find it not surprising they do not sell well in the US. As it stands all Japanese and European OEM's are very busy with Global Sales
On the other hand US HDT's are mainly rextrited to NA and what I gather a pretty nasty turn down in sales for 2019

* This post was edited 12/08/19 07:02pm by RobertRyan *

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/08/19 07:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Time2 Roll wrote:

Exactly my point. US is more developed with paved roads and access to emergency services. We don't need such vehicles as we have very little remote frontier land to explore. We are sheltered from these needs and difficulties. 

No these Trucks were not built for the more inhospitable parts of Australia but are used in Europe and Japan countries as developed as the US
Starting with the UNIMOG? wow, OK.


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/08/19 07:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

RobertRyan wrote:

Time2 Roll wrote:

Exactly my point. US is more developed with paved roads and access to emergency services. We don't need such vehicles as we have very little remote frontier land to explore. We are sheltered from these needs and difficulties. 

No these Trucks were not built for the more inhospitable parts of Australia but are used in Europe and Japan countries as developed as the US
Starting with the UNIMOG? wow, OK.

Yes Unimog is mainly used as an Off Highway wheeled Tractor in Europe and a Shunt Engine in Railway yards. It is a pretty unususal Truck in many ways
[image]
[image]

* This post was last edited 12/08/19 08:24pm by RobertRyan *   View edit history

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/20/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/08/19 07:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Shiner Brock wrote:

The 13L is soffered in the US, but it cannot compete with the Cummins offerings. Some of our 140+ dealerships throughout the US are also Ud And Isuzu dealers and we are in constant worh their corporate offices all the time as their largest dealer network in NORTH America. The reason why they don't offer ther bigger trucks offered elsewhere is because they don't sell well compared to the current competition from the domestic brands since it has less power and capability than what is already offered in the US. 

The 13litre is not avaiable in the US, Only the 8.8 ltre.

HinoUS XL class 8 with 9 litre Diesel
Well seeing
NA has a complete aversion to Cabovers, I find it not surprising they do not sell well in the US. As it stands all Japanese and European OEM's are very busy with Global Sales
On the other hand US HDT's are mainly rextrited to NA and what I gather a pretty nasty turn down in sales for 2019


I wouldn't say NA has a "complete aversion" to cabovers. There are lots and lots of the small Isuzu and Fuso cabovers around my area. They are very popular in landscaping applications and small box trucks. The medium to large cabovers (with up to 24') box used to be popular about 20 years but not any more. I drove one a few times, they were very nice trucks, much nicer and well built than what Ford, GM and International had to offer.

ShinerBock

LVTX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 12/08/19 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Shiner Brock wrote:

The 13L is soffered in the US, but it cannot compete with the Cummins offerings. Some of our 140+ dealerships throughout the US are also Ud And Isuzu dealers and we are in constant worh their corporate offices all the time as their largest dealer network in NORTH America. The reason why they don't offer ther bigger trucks offered elsewhere is because they don't sell well compared to the current competition from the domestic brands since it has less power and capability than what is already offered in the US. 

The 13litre is not avaiable in the US, Only the 8.8 ltre.

HinoUS XL class 8 with 9 litre Diesel
Well seeing
NA has a complete aversion to Cabovers, I find it not surprising they do not sell well in the US. As it stands all Japanese and European OEM's are very busy with Global Sales
On the other hand US HDT's are mainly rextrited to NA and what I gather a pretty nasty turn down in sales for 2019


We have sold multiple 13L to select customers as an option. Cabaovers don't do well here especially over the road trucks since space is not a concern on our roadways and aerodynamics is more important. They are mainly used in metro/urban areas where space is a concern.

As I said before, vehicles are design based on how they are used and what kind of environment they will be used in. Australia and the US has different uses and environments for their trucks so they will not he the same. What may work in Australia and Europe may not work here and vice versa. However that does not mean that one is better than the other.

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/08/19 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shiner Brock wrote:

We have sold multiple 13L to select customers as an option. Cabaovers don't do well here especially over the road trucks since space is not a concern on our roadways and aerodynamics is more important. They are mainly used in metro/urban areas where space is a conce

Well it is not on the US Hino website and it is not an option for that chassis in the US.
Japanese Truck websites in the US relect light delivery and with Isuzu mediun duty delivery trucks
On Highway does not exist in the US,for Japanese Trucks that is when 13-15 litre engines would be used.
The 75% downturn in sales has hit Europeans in the US as they own 80% of the UsHeavy Trucking. VW Corporation is looking for an entrance into the NA market, so Navistar will be more tempting
As the Chinese say we live interesting times

* This post was edited 12/08/19 08:50pm by RobertRyan *

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/08/19 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sure a farm vehicle. I thought this was about RVs. My bad.

ShinerBock

LVTX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 12/08/19 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Shiner Brock wrote:

We have sold multiple 13L to select customers as an option. Cabaovers don't do well here especially over the road trucks since space is not a concern on our roadways and aerodynamics is more important. They are mainly used in metro/urban areas where space is a conce

Well it is not on the US Hino website and it is not an option for that chassis in the US.
Japanese Truck websites in the US relect light delivery and with Isuzu mediun duty delivery trucks
On Highway does not exist in the US,for Japanese Trucks that is when 13-15 litre engines would be used.
The 75% downturn in sales has hit Europeans in the US as they own 80% of the UsHeavy Trucking. VW Corporation is looking for an entrance into the NA market, so Navistar will be more tempting
As the Chinese say we live interesting times


That is false. Europeans do not own 80% of the US heavy duty industry. Kenworth, Peterbilt,Navistar, and Ford class 8 market share is well over 20%. And yes, the Ford F750 is a heavy duty class 7-8 truck with a GVWR over 33k.

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/08/19 10:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shiner Brock wrote:

That is false. Europeans do not own 80% of the US heavy duty industry. Kenworth, Peterbilt,Navistar, and Ford class 8 market share is well over 20%. And yes, the Ford F750 is a heavy duty class 7-8 truck with a GVWR over 33k. 

They own Freightliner, Volvo and Mack.
Peterbuilt / Kenworth are Paccar, Navistar is Internatuonal Ford 750 is a MDT they Ford sold their HDT business to Chrysler who turned it into Stirling.
Paccar and Navistar have a much smaller market share then the three European owned companies. 80% is about right
Quote:

The medium-duty version of the Ford F-Series is a range of commercial trucks manufactured by Ford since 1948. ... Since 1999, the medium-duty F-Series has been included within the Ford Super Duty range, consisting of the Class 6-7 Ford F-650 and F-750; Class 8 versions of the F-750 have been produced since 2011.

Quote:

F750 is a heavy duty class 7-8 truck with a GVWR over 33k.
Not here in Europe or Japan, it is a MDT

* This post was last edited 12/09/19 02:05am by RobertRyan *   View edit history

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/09/19 04:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Sure a farm vehicle. I thought this was about RVs. My bad.

They tow RV's as well as become a Motorhome base. As I said they are very unusual

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Creative Towing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.