|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram 2500 CTD in Africa

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/19 11:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vallhalla360 wrote:

So, you are suggesting africans traveled overseas bought toyotas and shipped them home...all without any marketing by toyota? If you believe that one, I have some ocean front property a couple miles from Ayers Rock for sale.

US brands never were in Africa (at least not marketed) and the Brits entire automotive industry went down the tubes. Plus go back to WWII and before and there really was no market to speak of. 

Hardly surprising they don't sell many down under...you drive on the wrong side of the road and the steering wheel has to be moved at significant expense. I question your sales figures in terms of world wide as I'm seeing tons of Ram pickups around Europe and American pickups are a dime a dozen in Kuwait (only Kuwaitis are allowed to own pickups and they don't keep vehicles more than a couple years) 

Well your exaggerating Style leaves a lot to be desired I've been around Germany and couldn't find too many pickups at all European pick-up sales are roughly 80000 for a population of 650 Million SUVs like Land Cruisers and Nissan Patrols a even more obvious in Kuwait and Qatar much more pickups yes there and are American trucks in Africa remember there was a war in North Africa US heavy trucks were used in some African countries( still see Kenworths and Peterbuilts, plus many Japanese and European Trucks in placesclike Mozambique) as basically all Africa was one huge colony for European nations for years .British trucks were in the many British colonies of Africa, French trucks and cars similarly and as they're European so we're a lot of other European vehicles the Japanese started selling they're vehicles when these countries became independent in the 1960's and built from therr as a result many of the European vehicles disappeared. Next time try and do a history check before you post. Yes I have been to many of the country's in North Africa and some of Southern Africa plus those Gulf States( sand storms and stinking hot)
Us Pickups were sold from dealerships in Australia till 2006. They were competitive in price but rhey realky did not sell. There was no companies doing conversions. Ford mainly bought them in. In Australia we drive on the Right Sideof the Road you drive on the " wrong side of the road"

* This post was last edited 12/09/19 11:47pm by RobertRyan *   View edit history

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/19 12:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A South African Kenworth
Quote:

US brands never were in Africa (at least not marketed

Far from not selling US HDT' in Africa there are some companies that run them, but the bulk are European and Japanese
Photo share service on the blink
Quote:

I question your sales figures in terms of world wide as I'm seeing tons of Ram

Pickup Truck Market in Europe, about 60,000 vehicles
Quote:

Plus go back to WWII and before and there really was no market to speak of.

* This post was last edited 12/10/19 01:07am by RobertRyan *   View edit history

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/19 02:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

American trucks in Africa remember there was a war in North Africa US heavy trucks were used in some African countries( still see Kenworths and Peterbuilts, plus many Japanese and European Trucks in placesclike Mozambique)

What model PICKUPs were being used in WWII?
What model PICKUPs do kenworth and peterbuilt make?

Try to stay o the subject.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/19 02:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

RobertRyan wrote:

American trucks in Africa remember there was a war in North Africa US heavy trucks were used in some African countries( still see Kenworths and Peterbuilts, plus many Japanese and European Trucks in placesclike Mozambique)

What model PICKUPs were being used in WWII?
What model PICKUPs do kenworth and peterbuilt make?

Try to stay o the subject.

They the Pickups are NOT Trucks term only used in NA,have some idea of what people use outside NA[emoticon].. Only now in South Africa they have been selling Pickups they called them " Bakkies" south African Afrikkans slang for baking tin.

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/19 01:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

... but I like my pickup twucks... they have ground clearance for in the pasture and haul and tow and use lots of fuel and ride like chit but are good appliances for transporting motorbikes [emoticon]

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/19 02:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What are we arguing again?

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/19 06:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/19 07:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

spoon059 wrote:

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Let me remind y'all again, it's a Ram truck owner boasting about the amazing accomplishment of Ram having achieved 100,000 in mileage.

The other past accomplishment was not seeing a mechanic or something breaking down past 7 days.

Flashman

Tucson, Aizona, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/19 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jealous?

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/19 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

Wow, not sure I've seen a thread go south as fast as this one.
Good job guys.

Best part, I had nothing to do with it. [emoticon]

It's like a mini vacation. Just sit back have a few beers and watch Elmer Fudd or whomever self destruct. Very entertaining.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram 2500 CTD in Africa
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.