|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> mounting a propane tank to bumper

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Link:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=........uoNZFjKRY4E9w4U_Aw&bvm=bv.83829542,d.eXY

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

jaycocreek wrote:

Common sense would dictate locking up the box while say in the store or eating dinner then unlocking when around..A deterrent only as most security devices are
Common sense for me would be for someone to be able to shut off the gas valves in my absence should the need arise . As a side note I find it interesting that lately on rv.net that if your opinion differs from the new leaders of the pack you receive a demeaning label , the latest being propane police .

It's called humor, something that this board seems to lack. I fixed it for you.

ryoung

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you ever seen an RV leave a factory with locks on the propane storage compartments?

NFPA code 58 restricts locks on propane compartments.

Yes, you can buy locks to secure the cylinders in the compartment, but not the access to them.

The valves must be readily accessible in the event of an emergency.

The code does not prevent the ignorant person from locking access. You are free to do what you want.

Plus you're free to post such ignorant advice on a public forum and hang around and argue its validity.

ryoung

2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 08:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Plus you're free to post such ignorant advice on a public forum and hang around and argue its validity.

Whoa big guy..Show me where I recommended to lock it up..

Here is an option for mounting on the rear TC bumper with some protection and it seams easy to put a lock on for security

I did not recommend or give advice,I merely mentioned it would be easy to lock it up..If you don't want to..don't..Like anyone around here abides by rules and regulations for TC's anyway..

I don't give advice I personally have not done myself..

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

Quote:

NFPA 1192 that pertains to RV's. Not going to spend $50 to read a copy.

I don't believe that..If that was true it would be all over the internet especially with enclosed propane tank systems.Nothing says or tells you that you cannot lock your propane doors on a TC...They warn you about everything anymore to the point of stupidity so if a lock on a propane device was dangerous or illegal,it would be printed everywhere..

I think it is more of an internet propane police issue..Laffin..

Well believe what you wish. Right from NFPA 1192 that is specific to recreational vehicles. Not that I care one iota what anyone does or doesn't do, but this is what the manufacturers follow to be able to put that worthless oval decal on the side that says RVIA. Have you ever looked at the wiring behind a converter LOL. Yep it's all up to snuff, and code LOL.

[image]

And interestingly as it applies to this thread.

[image]

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 09:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I here 'ya and agree...Sorry if I missed the humor part..I am all for it..

As usual on here,few here comment on what the opp of the thread ask,instead they pick apart others who have commented on the topic whether they intended there post to be advice/facts or just talking out loud about the actual topic....

Is it so hard to stay on topic?

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

And where would be fun in that?
Without all the trolling, bashing and spamming all threads would end in 1 to 3 replies.
Took over 110 replies for GDS-3950BH to bring copy of the law and that should be the end of questions. [emoticon]
Just note that is 2018 copy and the laws have been different in the past.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 09:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH

Thanks for posting that..I stand corrected and was wrong..

I have seen so many propane tanks on hitch hauls/bumpers and mounted on the rear of 4X4's for off roading and I bet none of them new that they were out of compliance with transporting propane tanks..

Live and learn..Without being a jerk

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 09:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

Quote:

I here 'ya and agree...Sorry if I missed the humor part..I am all for it..

As usual on here,few here comment on what the opp of the thread ask,instead they pick apart others who have commented on the topic whether they intended there post to be advice/facts or just talking out loud about the actual topic....

You asked by Whom, And I replied the Propane Police, and evidently I offended a member of same.

jaycocreek wrote:

GDS-3950BH

Thanks for posting that..I stand corrected and was wrong..

I have seen so many propane tanks on hitch hauls/bumpers and mounted on the rear of 4X4's for off roading and I bet none of them new that they were out of compliance with transporting propane tanks..

Live and learn..Without being a jerk

If I wanted to I would mount one on my rear bumper and I have installed a lock on the access doors on my 5er. I have yet to be incarcerated. But then I've always had an outlaw streak going.

ryoung

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

Whoa big guy..Show me where I recommended to lock it up..

jaycocreek wrote:

Common sense would dictate locking up the box while say in the store or eating dinner then unlocking when around..A deterrent only as most security devices are

So you're trying to tell me that you didn't recommend locking propane cylinder access or perhaps condone the practice.

ryoung

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> mounting a propane tank to bumper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.