|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> mounting a propane tank to bumper

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Optimistic Paranoid

East Nowhere NY

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 03:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

devildog1971 wrote:

there are many propane tanks protected by a thin piece of sheet metal and at the height if they were hit in the side the propane tank would take the worse of it

It seem me that the odds of being hit in the SIDE at high speed is far, far less than the odds of being hit in the back.

Really, man, if you want to do stupid things, be my guest. Just remember to always utter the words; "Hold my beer. I wanna try something." first.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 04:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

devildog1971 wrote:

every R V I have looked at has a lock on doors where propane bottles are kept

Both RV's I have owned that had bottles in compartments did not have locks from the factory, latches yes, locks no. That is until I replaced the latches with locks. Your Northern Lite did not have a lock either when it rolled out the factory door, not that it means anything in the whole scheme of things.

[image]

When I read these types of threads I often wonder how some people can overcome their fears enough to ever leave the house. You never know when a blue icicle may fall from the sky and bean you in the noggin.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 06:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This was an excepted way to transport gasoline for the military for years..Gasoline is far more flammable than propane..

[image]

This is okay huh but not propane..LOL

[image]

Oh,what was Kimbo campers thinking,putting the propane compartment in the rear of a truck camper..laffin

[image]

There are a ton of pictures with gas cans mounted to the rear of a truck camper but that's kool huh,just not propane..I get it..

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/Reese solid bar extension/buddy heater/3 inverters/3/4" Horse mat cushion-Non slip/happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags /Yamaha Rhino/Winch/locker UTV/Zieman trailer

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon] [emoticon]

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/20 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also lived in Las Vegas before it turned into a extension of California evaporative coolers do not work there anymore. To many golf courses and swimming pools, the humidity is to high for them to be effective. they still work in places like pahrump Boron and Ridgecrest California.

2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/20 06:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

close the thread all I wanted was some advice on carrying extra propane, this is ridiculous, out of eight pages I think I got only a couple of helpful hints. there are some who will not run their referigators on propane when driving even though that is why they were built to run on propane. For those of you that were honestly trying to help me solve a problem , thank you. as for the rest good night

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> mounting a propane tank to bumper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.