|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Water and Gas Usage Rates

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/20 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Living fairly normally on utilities provided by the unit figure 8-10 gallons of water per day per person without being too stinky. A 40# bottle of propane lasts a month without using it for heating or running a genny.

Water capacity & battery capacity is king. Can't have too much of either.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Dirtclods

Newport Beach

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check your showers rate WHAT?? Yep grab a bucket adjust your shower to how you would normally take a shower and measure who much water you use in one minute. My shower uses 3 Gallons in a minute. Note: You can have restricted shower heads that flow less and save your water.

Solar

https://www.harborfreight.com/100-watt-s........l-kit-63585.html?_br_psugg_q=solar+panel

Fans
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Vol........d-Portable-Fan-Tool-Only-P3320/205022215

Dirtclods

Newport Beach

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

?

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/20 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As already very much mentioned, it depends on your usage. But for reference, we do a boondocking trip in hot weather every year for 5 days. We never come close to running out of water or filling up the gray, but we have a 112 gallon tank. I'd say we might use up 1/3 of the water if we arrive with a full tank. Gray tank is 44 and we maybe use up 3/4 of that. I navy shower every day, including hair washing, husband will every couple days. We use paper plates/plastic utensils, the only thing I wash/rinse out most of the time is the coffee cups and percolator. Our black tank is 44 and it gets on the full side. But I will add that my husband has Crohn's disease, and well, needs a lot of water to flush sometimes, and we both drink a lot (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages) on this trip, so the toilet gets a lot of use.

We also run the generator (built in Onan 5500) for 10 hours a day to power 2 AC units, but it's hard to gauge gasoline usage because we just top it off whenever us or someone in our group runs to town and fills up some gas tanks. We don't keep track because we all take turns.

Personally, the only thing I really worry about running up to the limit on is the black tank, because that is hard to dispose of and you can't exactly stop using the toilet if it gets full. But, we have once made it to 7 days boondocking on Forest Service land without dumping... husband used a bush for #1 during the day on that trip though [emoticon]

2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Water and Gas Usage Rates
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.