|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They just put the updated site online this morning, give them some time to work out the bugs (as posted on their site).

From what I have read it was necessary because they needed to modernize many of the features and update code.

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped

Lwiddis

Monterey, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Iā€™m completely in favor of updating code.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 07:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Just finished trying to find CGs around Stuart Florida - the old maps were very easy to use - the "old way" always gave me the info I needed, literally at my fingertips, to do what I needed to do. I was so frustrated just now I almost deleted the site!
Waterfront sites at Phipps Park are pretty good, if that is any help.

2013 RT 190-Popular

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 04:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DH used to post faithfully after every stay. That was a lot because we full time and move frequently. He said the new site is harder to use, they want pictures (which is nice, but much more time intensive). And they rejected one of his posts because he didn't say anything positive about the place. It was a dump and there was nothing good to say, but that didn't matter. So he no longer posts.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/19 06:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

DH used to post faithfully after every stay. That was a lot because we full time and move frequently. He said the new site is harder to use, they want pictures (which is nice, but much more time intensive). And they rejected one of his posts because he didn't say anything positive about the place. It was a dump and there was nothing good to say, but that didn't matter. So he no longer posts.

Dale

I also quit posting there as they did not publish a review of a place that I reviewed in a partially negative, but honest manner. I gave the park high marks for the rest rooms, voltage and water pressure and low marks for site size.flooded sites and staff attitude. When I questioned the admins about why they didn't include the review, they said they don't allow comments about staff . That was my last review , about 4 years ago. There are too many other HELPFUL sites available to waste my time with them

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Campfire Time

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The site is working good again. It's different. A little weird getting around but it's all there. Still a good site.

Chuck D.
ā€œAdventure is just bad planning.ā€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid, 2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71

Two Jayhawks

Lenexa Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/19 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been using that site for many years- love it. I'll have to give the new site more time as my first impression was just OK. When I search for a RV park by state, city, etc. I used to like to choose "highest rated" over alphabetical or several other filters. It looks like highest rated isn't a filter option any longer? Lastly, the site seems to almost too much for my older computer. It never seems to finish loading. Reminds me of years ago I used to use MapQuest but now a days the site never stops loading so I rarely use it.

Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 2014 Ford Edge
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

Captain_Happy

Pahrump, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/19 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They must be doing something to the web site, because it won't even open when I just tried it.

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Allstays.com Campgrounds is our preferred search engine. Have always liked it better than RV Park Reviews.

You might try the Allstays to see if it meets your needs.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeH wrote:

Scottiemom wrote:

Dale

I also quit posting there as they did not publish a review of a place that I reviewed in a partially negative, but honest manner. I gave the park high marks for the rest rooms, voltage and water pressure and low marks for site size.flooded sites and staff attitude. When I questioned the admins about why they didn't include the review, they said they don't allow comments about staff . That was my last review , about 4 years ago. There are too many other HELPFUL sites available to waste my time with them

Same here. I had a bad experience in a large Myrtle Beach RV park, complete with lying employees and management that couldn't be bothered. Posted the facts and was told that RVPR didn't believe me. Despite having multiple reviews already on site.
I came to the conclusion that the worst of the reviews are quashed to either protect them legally or because their business depends on Sunshine Happy Faces.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.