|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Modified/pure sine wave

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
tarnold

georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Op, not gone. Original post started mistyping converter/inverter. I do know the difference. Just wasn’t thinking all the way thru. As originally posted will NOT change current configuration anytime soon. ASV was a little over $4k (mostly paid by insurance) and the O2 was $2500 not paid by insurance, our choice. Expensive stuff and needs to be cared for. Will ponder some more.

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would help us understand what size inverter you need etc, if you could provide the 120v intake power specs for the two medical equipments, and for how long you will need to run them before there is a chance to recharge the battery bank the inverter running them is on.

That is if you don't run them on 12v.

1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
See Profile for House electronics set-up.

Lwiddis

Morro Bay, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/19 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spend $250 to $350 for a pure sine wave inverter and move forward. Isn’t worth all this fuss!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tarnold wrote:

Op, not gone.
Thank you.

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 05:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not go to the expense of replacing the MSW inverter with a PSW unless you can see some future need for PSW. I go along with a small PSW just to handle your current needs. You could probably do a free standing, independent, source for the ASV and save quite a lot.

I installed a Whirlpool, residential refrigerator and the installer said he has installed several in motorhomes with Xantrax, MSW without problems. After burning up an electronic board and almost a second I installed a 2.5kw PSW Xantrax. No more problems. I wouldn't have spent the $1500 if I only needed 150 watts, or so, of PSW.

The installer, who I saw recently, says he now advises people, after my fiasko, not to use the Whirlpool with a MSW inverter. I learned the hard way but the installer stood behind his install and replaced the fridge without cost to me.

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's the whole thing. Without knowing the specs of the medical equipment the OP will use, you can't know the inverter size and then whether it can be done on a smaller independent PSW inverter or if it would be worth swapping out the bigger MSW inverter for PSW one.

Also for time to run it all, if he needs more battery bank and how to recharge that.

Lwiddis

Morro Bay, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/19 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“I would not go to the expense of replacing the MSW inverter with a PSW unless you can see some future need for PSW”

Yay are kidding, right? What sensitive electronic item does NOT require PSW, Mike?

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/19 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all,

The company replied to my query:

"Hello,
Thank you for contacting me. The item have separate battery, carrying bag and trlley?12V rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. It is more convenient to use at outdoor.
If you have other questions please let me know.
Have a nice day."

I think that means it can be used on 12 volts which would be good from a power savings point of view.

https://homecarewholesale.com/products/o........le-oxygen-concentrator-homecarewholesale

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

tarnold

georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Op, both units have large bricks. The reperonics ASV and the O2 each require 2amp. So 7 hrs at night. Installed 2 new 230amp 6volts yesterday.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tarnold wrote:

Op, both units have large bricks. The reperonics ASV and the O2 each require 2amp. So 7 hrs at night. Installed 2 new 230amp 6volts yesterday.

OP can you give all the data from the bricks?
Output voltage and watt or amp rating.
It looks like the ASV uses the same "brick" 80 watt transformer across most of their BiPAP as well as the DreamStation ASV unit.
DW has the dream station without the ASV and we have a 12 volt cord that powers hers straight from a cigar lighter style plug in the camper.
Your unit is more particular, and here is what appears to be the right 12 volt supply
shielded 12 volt supply

At that price point, using a PSW large enough to handle both the asv and the separate O2 concentrator would likely make more sense.

* This post was edited 12/18/19 06:45am by wanderingaimlessly *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Modified/pure sine wave
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.