RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Models with Adaptive Cruise Control

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Models with Adaptive Cruise Control

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
shark-bait

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

overdrive75 wrote:

Lane Keep assist and adaptive cruise control.......I guess I can say "motorhome you got this" and then I can get up use the restroom and make a sandwich all the moving down the road?

Yes I am very familiar with these features. I like them on a car and truck, just not sure about a motorhome.......

Right, why buy a motorhome if you have to pull over to use the toilet?

KD4UPL

Swoope, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/19 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've never driven a vehicle with this feature. It sounds terrible. If I'm set at 70 and I come up on a vehicle doing 67 then I slow to 67? If he slows to 65 now I'm doing 65? That sounds terrible. Why wouldn't I pass the slower vehicle and be on my way? Is that not how it works? What do you like about this feature?

stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/19 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KD4UPL wrote:

I've never driven a vehicle with this feature. It sounds terrible. If I'm set at 70 and I come up on a vehicle doing 67 then I slow to 67? If he slows to 65 now I'm doing 65? That sounds terrible. Why wouldn't I pass the slower vehicle and be on my way? Is that not how it works? What do you like about this feature?

You should drive one and give it a try, I LOVE it. You can't always just move over and the system will automaticly slow down and then speed up again when the road is clear.

Stacey Frank
2018 Holiday Rambler Admiral XE 31A
SMI Braking system
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/19 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KD4UPL wrote:

In my opinion, it is one of the BEST features on new vehicles. It was a requirement for the last two vehicles I bought, and is one of the features that would make me consider upgrading my truck.

It might not be as useful on the open road, but if you drive in traffic it is a great feature. Set cruise at whatever speed, and it maintains a steady distance from the vehicle ahead of you. From a dead stop all the way up to the speed you set.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Models with Adaptive Cruise Control
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.