|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Fulltime family of 4: 2019 year in review

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pasusan wrote:

Thanks for the info...

I am amazed at your cheap overnights - those Thousand Trails CGs must be losing lots of money on you - you have to use more in just electricity than they get from you.

We are just travelers/campers and we spent almost as much as you on overnights this past year... But those overnights included NYC and the Keys. [emoticon]

As an added thought - I think your kids are lucky!

Thanks for the kinds words!

This year was partly about Florida for the photographer gig but also largely about saving money and paying down debt. We fulltimed for 3 years and acted like we were on vacation - we did all of the touristy things, at at all the places, and stayed wherever we wanted (which included Disney World's campground and the Keys!). Spent foolishly and now we're paying the piper!

Thousand Trails definitely has a delicate balance. There are lots of folks just like me but also lots of folks who weekend it and others who buy a seasonal/annual site (which are incredibly expensive at times!). But yeah, we're definitely winning in that deal.

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like you have had some great experiences and experienced a life style that so many of us dream about. Sounds like your kids are growing up and learning a lot of things in ways "stick-n-brick-home" kids will never know. And sounds like you and your family are really happy! And I think that's wonderful!

There are always those who will try to discredit you and your lifestyle, no matter what it is. The most important thing is, you are doing what works best for you and gives you and your family the greatest amount of joy! (screw everyone else)

Thanks for sharing! I hope your next year is even more fulfilled than the one you just experienced.

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

Sounds like you have had some great experiences and experienced a life style that so many of us dream about. Sounds like your kids are growing up and learning a lot of things in ways "stick-n-brick-home" kids will never know. And sounds like you and your family are really happy! And I think that's wonderful!

There are always those who will try to discredit you and your lifestyle, no matter what it is. The most important thing is, you are doing what works best for you and gives you and your family the greatest amount of joy! (screw everyone else)

Thanks for sharing! I hope your next year is even more fulfilled than the one you just experienced.

Thank you greatly for your kind words!

jims1

MS

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/19 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Awesome blog pics of what actually fits in what site. Congrats on raising kids in the fulltime lifestyle!

Volvo dually Pickup
DRV Memphis
Me, Alie, and Salie
Fulltiming

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/19 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jims1 wrote:

Awesome blog pics of what actually fits in what site. Congrats on raising kids in the fulltime lifestyle!

Thanks!

LibertyMan

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/19 03:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ependydad wrote:

2019 was the year of Florida for us. We got here in November 2018 and didn't leave until August. Once we left, we weren't gone for long and were back again by November.

We stuck around the summer so that my daughter could shadow a photographer during portrait sessions around Disney hotels. (And, well- it's cheap with Thousand Trails!)

Fortunately, we did get out to the ABQ International Balloon Fiesta (where I met up with a couple of FROGs!). And then we stopped in Texas to see friends and hit a Fulltime Families rally.

The map is a bit messy:
[image]

The stats for the year:
[image]

And then I uploaded pictures of most of the campsites to this post on Imgur:
https://imgur.com/gallery/GdAM9QN

What campground did you use in Palo Duro Canyon SP? I have been eyeing a trip there myself and was looking at the Juniper Campground. It looks like you had a pretty good view in the one you were in.

2018 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/19 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LibertyMan wrote:

What campground did you use in Palo Duro Canyon SP? I have been eyeing a trip there myself and was looking at the Juniper Campground. It looks like you had a pretty good view in the one you were in.

Mesquite.

Absolutely no Verizon service there, only AT&T. But, AT&T was actually quite fast!

run100

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/19 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for posting stats on your travel year. Interesting data. Your frugality is impressive!

Lifestyle? You are dedicating your life to raising the children and teaching them family values while exploring the country. In contrast, many of today's children spend very little time with their parents and spend more time with school personnel and a variety of sport coaches. I believe your approach is excellent!

2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/19 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

run100 wrote:

Thank you for posting stats on your travel year. Interesting data. Your frugality is impressive!

Lifestyle? You are dedicating your life to raising the children and teaching them family values while exploring the country. In contrast, many of today's children spend very little time with their parents and spend more time with school personnel and a variety of sport coaches. I believe your approach is excellent!

Thank you for the kind words! Our frugality ended up in a year without a whole lot of travel outside of Florida (except for 2 months), but you make your choices as to what's important at any given time.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Fulltime family of 4: 2019 year in review
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.