RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Oil headed for 70 bucks s barrel. Here we go.

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Oil headed for 70 bucks s barrel. Here we go.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

Senior Member

Joined: 11/12/2002

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/03/20 01:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will always remain "in transit" from horse and buggy, sailing, steam engines, oil and gas power, water generated, battery, wind, solar. We'll always live in a world that contains all or some or a combination of sources until we find 'The One' renewable power source that meets every need, if ever.

Look around us and see the variety of old and new power sources we use today, and for different or even the same applications. No source goes away, we just adapt it into a combination or best apply the source to the individual need.

We use petroleum and its byproducts in many applications that have nothing to do with power generation, plastics for example. That will remain applicable until we invent something different - wood in building evolved into composites, as did metal into composites - each of a different chemical or structural component, that either makes it rot resistant, or stronger or degradable depending on the industry or personal requirements.


Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Online
Posted: 01/03/20 01:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

We will always remain "in transit" from horse and buggy, sailing, steam engines, oil and gas power, water generated, battery, wind, solar. We'll always live in a world that contains all or some or a combination of sources until we find 'The One' renewable power source that meets every need, if ever.

Look around us and see the variety of old and new power sources we use today, and for different or even the same applications. No source goes away, we just adapt it into a combination or best apply the source to the individual need.

We use petroleum and its byproducts in many applications that have nothing to do with power generation, plastics for example. That will remain applicable until we invent something different - wood in building evolved into composites, as did metal into composites - each of a different chemical or structural component, that either makes it rot resistant, or stronger or degradable depending on the industry or personal requirements.


Well stated. Petroleum is a valuable resource. We really need to work towards not burning it.

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 06/22/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/03/20 03:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Since the US is oil independent ain't going to happen.


1) we may be oil independent, but that doesn't mean the price is independent of world oil prices for equivalent oil, it tracks it pretty well, and oil royalties are based on the benchmark price for equivalent oil.
2) we (US) doesn't presently have the capability of using only domestic oil since much of our refinery capacity is based on refining the heavy crude we used to rely on, and still rely on given refinery capability. Much of the shale that has come on line is a lighter "sweet" crude. Takes a different refinery setup.

Now, since the world oil supplies are much more distributed, loosing any one supply doesn't have near the impact it did in the 70's.


2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!


midnightsadie

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 01/07/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/03/20 03:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

strange its still $2.29 here in canton ohio. diesel is $3.09 what ever was done needed done I for one am glad he had the guts to stand up and fight.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

Senior Member

Joined: 07/04/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/03/20 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

My Gas Buddy says they adjusted the pump price midnight last night.

Oil companies are never shy in making obscene profit on their inventories bought on old prices.


You got that straight. What is even worse is the percentage of the oil that comes from that part of the world (Very small very very small, most oil burned in the US is North American (US/Canada) In fact thanks to CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) rules and some other stuff we could tell the Saudi's to stuff it and still have enough oil just from US and Canada production.. but Well.. OH THE PROFIT in overcharging .


Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377


wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2017

View Profile


Online
Posted: 01/03/20 04:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bigger concern will be electrical power availability, especially out west.
As oil moves, so too does Natural Gas, and with overly ambitious local governments trying to legislate themselves into unlimited power.
Will be interesting seeing how they attempt this. Since they don't want nuclear, cant maintain lines well enough to remote generate all that they need, and moving solar closer to urban centers runs into exorbitant land cost. How to create the power closer to where they need it, yet avoid all the carbon that they dream of eliminating.

And as far as eliminating oil consumption now, I'll do my part in keeping the jobs market going, buying a new truck in the next month or so.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/03/20 05:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

we cannot sit back worried about oil prices while American lives were at risk... We are better off now then we have been in a long time with our oil, that should not make our decisions for us.


Yep!

We will do what is needed. War? Not a chance. Simply push a few buttons and it’s game over!


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Walaby

Georgia

Senior Member

Joined: 11/10/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/03/20 05:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

strange its still $2.29 here in canton ohio. diesel is $3.09 what ever was done needed done I for one am glad he had the guts to stand up and fight.

Agreed


Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS


time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/03/20 05:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Bigger concern will be electrical power availability, especially out west.
Trump administration says it will approve largest U.S. solar farm


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/03/20 05:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:



And as far as eliminating oil consumption now, I'll do my part in keeping the jobs market going, buying a new truck in the next month or so.



Do it, and get the biggest guzzler of 'em all for your grocery hauling.

Get the diesel, since there will be definitely oversupply of it with Europe banning diesel cars.

Or even gas, Great Britiain is set on date certain to also ban ICE with Scotland wanting a more aggressive and earlier timetable. Besides, in Northern Europe more than half of the car sales are already electric.

* This post was edited 01/03/20 05:48pm by an administrator/moderator *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Oil headed for 70 bucks s barrel. Here we go.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.