|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Dark interiors

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
marid4061

VA

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My husband and I have just started the process of looking for an RV. We have seen some impressive travel trailers, but have only looked at 2 or 3 brands that were on the lots. What I have found that I dislike the most is the dark brown and tan interiors! I saw that some of the new Keystones have a coastal cottage or white interior look to them. They look so updated and modern. I love it and was wondering if any other brands have the same look. We will probably spend a year looking for our first RV and didn't really want to buy one brand new. Does anyone know of any others that are more modern looking and not so dark inside? We have looked at Forest River and Jayco and a few Keystones just for starters. Thanks!

Lwiddis

Morro Bay, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/20 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Winnebago went “white” inside on their TTs in 2016 or 2017.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 10:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with you, I prefer lighter interiors.
The Arctic Fox we bought is moderately dark inside, darker than I would like but not as dark as some brands in recent history.
Even though it was darker, we have found that it isn't all that bad in most camping situations where it's sunny. OTOH if we're in a heavily tree'd CG with lots of cover, we turn on lights even though it's bright out. We didn't have to do that with our old TT with a natural oak finish.
If you're like us, you'll find that you can live with a bit darker interior if you like everything else about the RV.

* This post was edited 01/04/20 10:40pm by ScottG *

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

pennysmom09

Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/20 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The inside of our 2015 Durango is dark and it is my biggest complaint. On sunny days it’s fine, but in the shade, cloudy days, and at dusk it bothers me. As stated, if you like everything else about it, you are stuck. I wouldn’t care for oak cabinets, so I’m not sure what the solution is. Less tinting on the windows would help I would think, and more windows in the kitchen slide would have been nice. 20/20 hindsight is great since we didn’t realize that problem when shopping on a sunny day!

Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 07:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reason I factory ordered my RV was to get the exact features and colors I wanted. I did not want the colors or options selected by a previous owner or dealer. I wanted to choose my exact colors and options, otherwise I would be stuck with the wrong colors and features selected by someone else..
If you truly want your RV, selected by you factory order it. Otherwise you will have to learn to live with someone else's selections including interior colors.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Cobra21

minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We looked at new RVs a year ago and did not like any of the color schemes at all.
The were all the same. It made it easy for us to like what we have.
Brian

cougar28

Lowell,AR USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That what we found out when we started look at new 5th wheels. So looking around my wife and I didn't like all the dark interior and then we walked in a Jayco with the farm house interior and she just fell in love with it.Now you can guess what interior we we have in our new Jayco! LOL It's a off white but looks really good in our opinion.

2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Worse than dark colored interiors is GRAY interiors, which I'm starting to see.

One of the things I like about my Nash TT is the lighter colored interior My Nash 17k

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2015 Nash 17k (bought pre-owned 5/23/18)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/20 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some Winnebagos had white interiors as well as FunCruiser.
We have dark oak cabinets, light beige walls, light colored floor and a white ceiling. There are 4 windows in the main cabin. It really isn’t that dark inside, but if we had our druthers, the cabinets would be white.
We mostly spend our time outside, going inside after dark. So, for us, it really doesn’t matter a whole bunch. After 5 years, we still love the floor plan, and that’s the most important part for us.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/20 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't totally let the interior color dictate what I bought. There's more important things like suspension, holding tank size, R values, wall construction, floor plan, etc.
I wouldn't buy an RV just because it had a light colored interior.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Dark interiors
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.