RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Trailer Tire Speeding Rating??

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > Trailer Tire Speeding Rating??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/11/20 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No reports of a non road hazard ENDURANCE failure in 3 years is good enough reason to give em a try.


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

BFL13

Victoria, BC

Senior Member

Joined: 02/15/2006

View Profile



Posted: 01/11/20 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ST vs LT is the same as Baptist vs Catholic. You can be logical all day and nobody will switch.


1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
See Profile for House electronics set-up.

drsteve

Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/09/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/12/20 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

97chevor wrote:

It is even stamped on the side of the tire do not use on passenger vehicles. I take this as meaning DO NOT trust your life on this tire.


I think it means they aren't designed to be used on a steering axle.

I must be lucky. Been towing various trailers for 30+ years, no flat tires.


2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

MFL

Midwest

Senior Member

Joined: 11/28/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/12/20 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

ST vs LT is the same as Baptist vs Catholic. You can be logical all day and nobody will switch.


This is just not a good choice for comparison, reason being, both would be better off switching to a better choice.

Jerry





BFL13

Victoria, BC

Senior Member

Joined: 02/15/2006

View Profile



Posted: 01/12/20 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

BFL13 wrote:

ST vs LT is the same as Baptist vs Catholic. You can be logical all day and nobody will switch.


This is just not a good choice for comparison, reason being, both would be better off switching to a better choice.

Jerry


Shia or Sunni ? [emoticon]

MFL

Midwest

Senior Member

Joined: 11/28/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/12/20 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

MFL wrote:

BFL13 wrote:

ST vs LT is the same as Baptist vs Catholic. You can be logical all day and nobody will switch.


This is just not a good choice for comparison, reason being, both would be better off switching to a better choice.

Jerry


Shia or Sunni ? [emoticon]


Was going to give opinion, but to not close thread, I'll just say Ford or Ram.[emoticon]

Jerry

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

Senior Member

Joined: 08/24/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/12/20 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

profdant139 wrote:

For whatever it is worth, I have been using the Endurance tires for the last few years, Load Range D (which is excessive for my trailer). After 20,000 miles, I am very happy with them.

But I almost never go over 65 mph.


My trailer came with the Endurance tires and I am one of those that believes LT tires are much higher quality tires (because they are). I was going to change my tires out right away, and thought I might as well see how they do. I am going into my third year with them, and don't see a reason to change them yet. I am actually now considering replacing them with more Endurance tires when the time comes since they are working so well.


2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L


Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/12/20 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dieseltruckdriver wrote:

profdant139 wrote:

For whatever it is worth, I have been using the Endurance tires for the last few years, Load Range D (which is excessive for my trailer). After 20,000 miles, I am very happy with them.

But I almost never go over 65 mph.


My trailer came with the Endurance tires and I am one of those that believes LT tires are much higher quality tires (because they are). I was going to change my tires out right away, and thought I might as well see how they do. I am going into my third year with them, and don't see a reason to change them yet. I am actually now considering replacing them with more Endurance tires when the time comes since they are working so well.


They are NOT your average ST tires! You have just proven that to be true.

smarty

new mexico

Full Member

Joined: 04/23/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/13/20 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get quality tires and keep your speed at 60 mph
What is the rush?
IMHO folks who fly down that highway towing anything at 70-80 mph are not being very wise. But that is just me...

C Schomer

Pueblo West, Co.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/26/2000

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/18/20 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IIRC, st235/80 lre is what Ive had on my trailers with Dexter 6&8 lug 5.2k & 6k axles and I believe they are rated for 80 psi. I gave up on st go-pops about 15 yrs ago and have ran 16" LT235/85r/16 commercials with nothing but great results. I came back from Phx a couple weeks ago, 820 miles, with my 15k 5er and averaged 75 mph. I won't mention my top speed but I assure you, I speed tested them! I've done the same trip with my 18k tri-axle g-neck, very overloaded, twice, Just get comm. 16" LTs. That's a really popular size and the price is really right. You will have a big safety margin with your little trailer. In fact, you're lucky to have 16" on that trailer. Craig

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > Trailer Tire Speeding Rating??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.