|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Quartzsite show

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
hotjag1

Lake Chelan, Wa/Lake Havasu, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/20 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This will be our 10th year going to Quartzsite. We love browsing the vendor areas. Every year I find some new gadget that I "just have to have" for the motorhome. We bring our Polaris RZR with us and do some desert riding and it is easy to squeeze in and park at the show almost anywhere. Also, we are already getting excited to have the best pizza and calzones we have ever eaten at Silly Al's pizza parlor.

hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

cross21114

Baltimore, MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/20 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gottahaveit wrote:

Chris I'll keep my eyes out for the leash [emoticon]

Thank you. Here's the flag pole we also bought last year at the show. You can find all kinds of things whcih are nice to have but probably wouldn't have purchased unless you saw it right there.

[image]

Chris

Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/20 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Every year we get these threads about Quartzsite... for those that can only complain, stay home and give the rest of us a break. The Q is a unique experience that is as positive or negative as YOU chose to make it.

I would challenge those negative naysers to name another venue where a 100,000+ folks can come together in close quarters and have a pleasant experience. While I know there are law enforcement folks throughout the crowd I have yet to see any interactions where they were needed.

Everyone is nice, polite and just enjoying the variety of things to see. If you get bored looking at endless swap meet booths stop by Beer Bellies Adult Day Care for a burger and perhaps a brew, listen to the live music and kick back. If that does not work for you please just drive on out of town and take your negativity down the road... you will not be missed.

The "Q" is what it is and for us it is a hoot, every year and we will continue to come back.

[emoticon]

mileshuff

Phoenix, AZ.

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 12:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

Every year we get these threads about Quartzsite... for those that can only complain, stay home and give the rest of us a break.

Why the rant on people who don't favor this event? Anything going on anywhere in the country appeals to some and not to others. I'm sure you don't like everything everywhere!!

People ask about this event like any event. Negative view points are just as meaningful as positive in allowing someone who has never been to decide if it appeals to them.

2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mileshuff wrote:

Desert Captain wrote:

Every year we get these threads about Quartzsite... for those that can only complain, stay home and give the rest of us a break.

Why the rant on people who don't favor this event? Anything going on anywhere in the country appeals to some and not to others. I'm sure you don't like everything everywhere!!

People ask about this event like any event. Negative view points are just as meaningful as positive in allowing someone who has never been to decide if it appeals to them.

As rants go on this and other forums I don't consider my comments as all that much of a rant. Negativity/whining is always easier than trying to see the many positives of an event like the Q. I like to post the truth for the benefit of those who have not been and warn them off of the negative naysayers.

When thousands of folks come every year to the Q, year after year, well I guess they are all idiots thinking they had a good time... Duh! [emoticon] it is worth noting that the vast majority not only have a great time they come back again and again.

As I and many others have stated if the Q is not your cup of tea so be it. I still maintain that everyone who is able should go at least once and if you do not enjoy, don't return... pretty simple really.

In the spirt of full disclosure I must confess that somehow I manage to have a great time just about everywhere I go. The Q is one of my favorite destinations and probably always will be.

As I often note... Opinions and YMMV.

[emoticon]

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/20 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As relatively new RVer's,(2 years and learning)and never been boon docking and really interested in a visit to the Q. Are there any sites with hook-ups? Not sure if we could handle dry camping, but would love the atmosphere and camaraderie.
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

grldst

Dallas, GA

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/20 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

As relatively new RVer's,(2 years and learning)and never been boon docking and really interested in a visit to the Q. Are there any sites with hook-ups? Not sure if we could handle dry camping, but would love the atmosphere and camaraderie.
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

There are a number of full service RV parks but they may require a reservation expecially during the RV and Sport show. There are LTVA's that have water, garbage and dump stations available....but no hook ups. Boon docking is fun...give it a shot!!

dcmac214

SW OKLA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/20 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of these days. Quartzsite's been on the list for a couple decades now but every year something's come up to postpone our RVmecca trip another year. Here's hoping for 2021.

PamfromVA

Bedford County, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/20 01:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we hope to attend next year. while there, I would like to have solar panels added to the roof of our fifth wheel. should we use one of the dealers in town or are there vendors who show up for the big tent show?

2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2017 Dodge Ram 3500
One DH
two very spoiled camping dogs

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just returned from a week of serious fun at Ehrenburg {Arizona Oasis} and Quartzsite {Rice Ranch}. Our friends from San Diego who had never been to the "Q" joined us in their 40' DP towing his 200 HP serious go fast Rzr. We were in out little 24' Class C towing our 570 Rzr in the 10' cargo trailer.

Tom and I rode over 200 miles in 3 days traveling round trip from Ehrenburg to the "Q" by way of the Power Line and pipeline trails {don't even call them roads} twice. These are very technical/difficult rock crawling trails with a few miles of high speed fun thrown in on the flatter stretches and the many washes.

We all shopped till we dropped and managed to find quite a few bargains. I bought mostly hand tools to complete my collection {wrenches 2 for $5...} and even popped for a $50 video cam that I can mount to my helmet to document/film Rzr or motorcycle rides.

The numbers of the crowd and vendors were up this year and everyone seemed to be in a positive mood. Nothing but friendly folks having too much fun everywhere we wandered. While a little cooler than usual the weather was good with just a few sprinkles yesterday but not enough to knock down the ever present dust.

Chinese lanterns were launched into the night skies by the dozens with lots of round the campfire parties scattered throughout the large Rice Ranch CG/RV Park{large gravel lot with full HU's of $47 and dry camping for $10}, we always dry camp but were easily able to tuck in next to our friends at their FHU site.

[image]

Think twice about making any large purchases while at the Q as the quaint but greedy little town of Quartzsite has a sale tax of somewhere north of 10 percent. Arrrrrg! [emoticon]

Check things out, put your hands on them and then go home and order them off the internet. Some day the town folks will wake up and smell the coffee and realized they are driving business away... well maybe. [emoticon]

Can't wait to return next year as we always have a blast and this year was no exception. Bringing our friends for their very first trip to the Q made it even better to see all of the craziness through the eyes of first timers.

[emoticon]

* This post was edited 01/23/20 06:59am by Desert Captain *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Quartzsite show
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.