|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Duallies in Tennessee

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
zcookiemonstar

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksss wrote:

WOW almost 10% sales tax! That would leave a mark.

Sales tax in my home town is 8.75%. If I go into Chicago sales tax is over 10% but our sales tax on unprepared food is only 1.75%. 9.75% sales tax is not that much change for me. I also pay $7000 in property taxes.

garyp4951

TN

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nashville area property tax

The current Davidson County property tax rate is $3.155 per $100 of assessed value in the Urban Services District, and $2.755 per $100 in the General Services District.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 06:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zcookiemonstar wrote:

I was really looking for some one to say I have a dually and I pay this much.

Post number two has a link. Give them a call tomorrow so you get the FACTS!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FF286

SE Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zcookiemonstar wrote:

About $36 a year unless you get a personalized plate and I think it’s about $65. Doesn’t matter if it’s a dually or a Honda accord.

Travlingman

Jonesborough, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/20 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pay $61.55 yearly for my weighted tag for 16K pounds. My county doesn't have wheel tax or emissions.

2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

travelnutz wrote:

9.75% sales tax is extremely high and results in a lot higher total annual taxes paid in Tennessee than most other states with having the same yearly income.

For instance: Michigan's sales tax is 6% total max by law and so much is tax exempt. Groceries, drugs, fuel, etc. The 4.2% income tax doesn't kick in until you annually earn way over the average income and even less after deductions are taken. We know as we have lived in Michigan for 78 years and how much would be paid for state income tax. 83% pay zero income tax in Michigan.

Florida on the other hand not only has a higher state sales tax but the counties also add a tax percentage too on top of the state percentage. They also have a yearly personal property tax too.

We won't even mention the extreme taxes people in many other states like California, New York, New Jersey, and several others are saddled with and then add in the very high cost of living there too. Makes Michigan, Tennessee, and Florida seem to be about tax free by comparison...

MI sales tax is applied to fuel

WRT MI income tax, I'm calling BS on 83% number. I'd love to see the source of that detail, because even my retired father in law, whose income was way down, still paid state income tax.

zcookiemonstar

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

travelnutz wrote:

9.75% sales tax is extremely high and results in a lot higher total annual taxes paid in Tennessee than most other states with having the same yearly income.

For instance: Michigan's sales tax is 6% total max by law and so much is tax exempt. Groceries, drugs, fuel, etc. The 4.2% income tax doesn't kick in until you annually earn way over the average income and even less after deductions are taken. We know as we have lived in Michigan for 78 years and how much would be paid for state income tax. 83% pay zero income tax in Michigan.

Florida on the other hand not only has a higher state sales tax but the counties also add a tax percentage too on top of the state percentage. They also have a yearly personal property tax too.

We won't even mention the extreme taxes people in many other states like California, New York, New Jersey, and several others are saddled with and then add in the very high cost of living there too. Makes Michigan, Tennessee, and Florida seem to be about tax free by comparison...

MI sales tax is applied to fuel

WRT MI income tax, I'm calling BS on 83% number. I'd love to see the source of that detail, because even my retired father in law, whose income was way down, still paid state income tax.

None of this has anything to do with the post topic

zcookiemonstar

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please people if you are not from Tennessee and have never owned a dually truck do not reply.

zcookiemonstar

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FF286 wrote:

zcookiemonstar wrote:

About $36 a year unless you get a personalized plate and I think it’s about $65. Doesn’t matter if it’s a dually or a Honda accord.

Someone just told me anything over 9000 is extra.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Duallies in Tennessee
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.