|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Plug in truck bed or use plug in bumper for 5th wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

Jim2007 wrote:

Hi All, My 2016 Dodge truck came with a plug in the bed and one on the bumper. I use the in bed one for the 5th wheel because it keep the electrical cord from coming loose. Jim2007

How did you get a 201 Dodge Diesel, they quit making them in 2008 and removed all labels that said Dodge in 2011 or so.

Last year was 2012. It said Dodge in one place on my Dads on the center of dash on the black recessed area for sunglasses. It was there for legal reasons. Starting 2013 Dodge was no longer. It was then officially RAM.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

thomas201

Eastern Panhandle WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On a 2012 Ford I found a slick way to get an in bed plug without drilling a hole. Buy a whip, plug it into the bumper outlet, remove the drivers side taillight and route it neatly up through an existing hole in the bed. Then install the plug on the end of the whip. Mount it snugly, with just enough room to open the plug cover, with an "L" bracket under the bed rail. Then test, and put the taillight back.

Works well, you don't bash up the plug, keeps everything dry and is easy to reach flat footed from the ground. Hand finds hand when you plug it in.

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an old 2012 F250. On that model the rear bumper harness used a plug to connect to the harness coming from up front. As i recall, Bargman mane an in bed harness that got its connection by acting as a sandwich between the rear two plugs. Then you cold get different lengths with 7 pin RV plug molded at a 90 degree angle for install where ever you wanted to drill in the bed. I moved mine up toward the front of the bed and it is not hard to reach on my 2 wheel drive puller.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Plug in truck bed or use plug in bumper for 5th wheel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.