RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Anything to see?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Crodad

Lafayette, LA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are planning a trip this summer to Montana. We will be stopping in Branson. From Branson we will head towards Rapid City and Custer
SP.

My question is. Is there anything to see or do in between Branson and Rapid City? I know I will be making at least 2 stops along the way.

2008 F-250 PSD 4x2 Lariat
2016 Silverback 31RK

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While waiting you could do a Google search for `_____ tourism' and put the city, state or area in the blank and read what the experts recommend.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Elk_traveler

maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're going up I-90 from
Rapid City near Bozeman the city has a wonderful museum,the Museum of the Rockies which has one of the best dinosauer collections in the world and is widelk acclaimed to be one of the very best. T-rex and many of his friends were hanging around Yellowstone and other surrounding areas eons ago and now many have been preserved in the museum and of course they have many other exiting specimens as well.

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 11:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After Branson, if you're going through Kansas, be sure to stop at Hutchins for the Cosmosphere and Space Center! Every bit as interesting as the Smithsonian Space Museum. https://cosmo.org/ It's a real hidden gem.

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/20 05:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a detour off of I-90 on Rt 240 through the Bad Lands National Park. Then head up to the tourist trap known as Wall Drug to get back on I-90.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

Crodad

Lafayette, LA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/20 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the suggestions, but i'm still looking for more suggestions for two separate nights stay in between Branson and Rapid City. There has to be something to see. LOL.

Crodad

Lafayette, LA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/20 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DFord wrote:

After Branson, if you're going through Kansas, be sure to stop at Hutchins for the Cosmosphere and Space Center! Every bit as interesting as the Smithsonian Space Museum. https://cosmo.org/ It's a real hidden gem.

Thanks, this looks interesting.

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I couldn't believe all the space hardware they've collected! As you walk in, you need to duck to avoid the SR-71 hanging from the ceiling. They've got several Russian Soyuz and Apollo capsules there - like the Apollo 13 almost didn't make it back and a Soyuz - Apollo connected through a common hatch in case a rescue mission was needed. I lost count of the capsules they have on display. Allow a minimum of 4 hours to rush through this museum - longer if you want to read most of the information accompanying the displays.

This is a picture of the Apollo 13 module there on display.
[image]

They really went all out collecting the history of space. We had Wernher Von Braun and the Russians had Sergey Korolev (both Germans) as our space experts. It's all explained along with the displays.

I went in figuring on spending a couple of hours and was amazed at what they had. Hope you find the time and can get by there.

caver

Missouri, The Cave State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/20 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's the largest ball of twine in Cawker KS It kinda helps if you say what route you want to take or are ya a 4-lane traveler or 2-lane traveler?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.