|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> New truck batteries

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Truck is assembled in Mexico of mostly US Made components.

Not thrilled about it being assembled there but the other alternative is a Mexican made engine.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

blofgren wrote:

SweetLou wrote:

blofgren wrote:

I changed mine last year and put the Kirkland ones in from Costco. I've found them to be good quality, good price, and it's pretty tough to beat a 100 month warranty....

How did you get Kirkland? My Costco only carries 36 month Interstate. My last Kirkland had the 100 month and did well

I'm in Canada and we can still get them here; hopefully the fact that they are apparently not available in the US anymore isn't an indication of things to come.

The last Kirkland in my wife's Acura MDX went completely dead at about 5 years of age when the alternator went out. About 6 months later I noticed the car turning over slowly when starting; I bought a new Kirkland battery and took the old one in to get my core charge and was told at the counter that I still had warranty on it. It was a very nice surprise when I received almost 50% back of what the new battery cost me! [emoticon]

From what I hear some of these really good battery warranties are now a figment of your imagination. Having said that I was at the Ford parts department a while back and noticed they now sell their own Autonation labeled batteries with 3 different warranty levels with one of them having a "lifetime" warranty.

I will say that the Motorcraft batteries from the parts department and the Excide batteries I used in my boat don't last as long as they used to.

No figment of my imagination, the switch on my wife's battery was about 1 1/2 years ago and I bought the batteries for my truck last May. [emoticon] And the good thing about Costco is that they don't give you any grief whatsoever on exchanging.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

camilllit

reading pa

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've read through these threads and have seen DEKA, EAST PENN, DURACELL, etc.
Please know EAST PENN MANUFACTURING is DEKA BATTERY. I live a few miles away from their plant. They make over 160,000 batteries per day, and employ 4,000 employees. Their sales last year were over 3 billion dollars. They are by far our nations largest battery manufacturer. THEY ARE FAMILY OWNED!!!
I am happy to say we locals buy blemished batteries at half cost! I just bought 2 new 1,000 CCA batteries for my 2006 Dodge Ram diesel. Seven years ago I bought new batteries for my truck, they just died 7 years later. I know many people who work there and I hear their stories. A great place to work, a great work ethic. When the occasional nitwit gets hired they aren't there long because they negatively affect attitudes and team work. You can buy with confidence, they stand behind their product and their employees. Buy with confidence.

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Not thrilled about it being assembled there but the other alternative is a Mexican made engine.

Oh, is GM not making diesel engines any longer? I thought there was a third choice....[emoticon] [emoticon]

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Oh, is GM not making diesel engines any longer? I thought there was a third choice....[emoticon] [emoticon]

No thanks!

SweetLou

La Quinta, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/20 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

What does choices mean?
Worthly of being chosen or preferred; select; superior; precious; valuable."My choicest hours of life are lost." [ Swift.]
Preserving or using with care, as valuable; frugal; -- used with of; as, to be choice of time, or of money.
Selected with care, and due attention to preference; deliberately chosen." Choice word measured phrase." [ Wordsworth.]
Does not apply here

2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

SweetLou

La Quinta, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/20 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SweetLou wrote:

blofgren wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

What does choices mean?
Worthly of being chosen or preferred; select; superior; precious; valuable."My choicest hours of life are lost." [ Swift.]
Preserving or using with care, as valuable; frugal; -- used with of; as, to be choice of time, or of money.
Selected with care, and due attention to preference; deliberately chosen." Choice word measured phrase." [ Wordsworth.]
Does not apply here
Just what it states. I won't make the choice you offered and for the reasons why

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/20 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check a Kenworth dealer or Pacar, they run some real good specials on batteries at times.

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/20 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SweetLou wrote:

SweetLou wrote:

blofgren wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

What does choices mean?
Does not apply here
Just what it states. I won't make the choice you offered and for the reasons why

[emoticon] It's been a long time since I've been corrected in English class.....is "option" up to par, Professor? [emoticon]

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And it also means
"an act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities"

Jus sayin...

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> New truck batteries
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.