|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Projects & Upgrades

> Bluetooth Dashboard speaker

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 01:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Add another upgraded dash radio (albeit in my class C, but that's immaterial for this discussion). In my case, it was a $20 Wal-Mart radio replacing the one that was there...which lost me the cassette tape mechanism and AM band, but gained Bluetooth, an AUX in port, and SD/USB stick playback.

You may want a little bit better dash radio than mine, to be honest, but one doesn't need to pay all that much at all to get a very reasonable one with Bluetooth support these days.

FloridaRosebud

Melbourne

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 02:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use a JBL Flip 4. Sounds OK, and plenty loud enough. I've thought about getting a Flip 5, which is larger still. We also use it outside as well.

Al

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my class A the dash radio is a Pioneer.. Now out of the box it does not have this feature. In my first towed. The replacement dash radio (the original died of old age) was a Kenwood. it too did not have this feature out of the box.

On both of them I plugged a box into the port on the backside and instant LINE IN. (AUX in) note there are several plug ins like a multi cd changer and XM-Radio but I plugged in an AUX in.

Play Cassette tape. CD or MP3's or portable radio (Though why you'd do that I don;t know) through the system.

Note that most modern Dash radios have one of the following options.
Blue tooth (Connect your Streaming device direct to the dash radio/system(
Aux in (native)
Aux iu (Add on like mine)

NOTE also when using AUX in I have to either use an inverter and wall wart to keep Phone charged or let it run on battery Using a 12 volt type charger will cause all sorts of **** on the audio feed (Ground loop issues)

IN my current car (Factory original radio/Cassette) I use a cassette adapter This looks like a tape but with a cord coming out that plugs into the streaming device.

Works great. I get the full power of the dash radio system while I listen to say Kingston Trio performing the Ballad of the Shape of Things Caution. the first time you listen to that track DO NOT BE DRIVING.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Projects & Upgrades

> Bluetooth Dashboard speaker
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.