|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Another Tesla problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Will be interesting to see how "uncontrolled acceleration" works for towing with the pickups.
Tesla

stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the report you posted "Three weeks after the crash, the owner got a letter from Tesla saying that the accelerator was depressed to 48% just before the crash and 98% at the time of impact. The owner still believes the car accelerated by itself, the complaint stated."
They can tell a lot of things going on when the vehicle is operating and I have to think the investigation should not be that hard to do. Call up the vehicles report and show the investgators.Did it fail or did it do what the driver asked it to do?

Stacey Frank
2018 Holiday Rambler Admiral XE 31A
SMI Braking system
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stripit wrote:

In the report you posted "Three weeks after the crash, the owner got a letter from Tesla saying that the accelerator was depressed to 48% just before the crash and 98% at the time of impact. The owner still believes the car accelerated by itself, the complaint stated."
They can tell a lot of things going on when the vehicle is operating and I have to think the investigation should not be that hard to do. Call up the vehicles report and show the investgators.Did it fail or did it do what the driver asked it to do?

That was one, of multiple cases cited in the report.
And the question still stands. And on top of the other potential questions, does towing add another dimension to the issue? Especially since the problem appears to cross all three of their product lines?

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shades if Audi in the eighties. I had a friend who said he would click his garage door remote every time he passed an Audi.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/20 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not just a Tesla issue. This is a plague on all automakers.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

diginomad

Dispersed Camping in the Wild West

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When Toyota had the unintended acceleration, a tech guy was data logging during the event and posted about it. His car launched into someone else's car in a parking lot.
The log showed the Throttle Position Sensor numbers that reflected the throttle opening up. It can make sense that Tesla too reports the positive TPS numbers. The issue is what caused it. The driver or something else. Telsa is known for being full of ****. I wouldn't trust what they say about it.

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My mother in law backed out of her driveway, crossed the street and into the living room of the house across the street. She said the car accelerated on its own. She also said the harder she pressed over a brake the faster she went. That told me what happened. Also her husband drove that car as his "fishing" car for several years after that and it never happened again.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too funny. Can you imagine if there was a thread started every time a GM or Ford has a problem. Lol. [emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/20 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stripit wrote:

And for sure Tesla's on-board computer would have logged these events and can be easily counter-checked.

That happened to me to and I thought I can make millions on Toyota. Turn out I might have pressed the gas pedal instead of the brake as I can't make the auto-acceleration.

Mbiviano

Denver

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The nice thing is IF they determine there’s an issue, they’ll push out a free OTA update and the car will be fixed while you’re sleeping. I wish my RV had that capability.

Matt
2015 Forest River Wildcat 337FB Bunkhouse
2015 Ford F350 CC SRW PSD LB
Me/Wife/Twins/Dog

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Another Tesla problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.