|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping Lights

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/20 06:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed a couple of LED little marker lights under my trailer to illuminate the ground around the camper. They are very dim and won't offend anyone, but just bright enough that I can see where the table is, where the chairs are, etc. I prefer not to have my awning light on after we've eaten dinner. I don't like the bugs, I don't like the harsh light, I enjoy the camping experience. Occasionally if we have a big group playing cards we'll pull a table under someones awning and turn the lights on, but I try to be aware of neighbors.

Too many people either don't care about their neighbors or simply don't think about the effect of their actions on other people. Its obnoxious...

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/20 06:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TexasShadow wrote:

I prefer the dark, but I do like a small ground light to mark my door and steps, because it's hard to see sometimes.

Ditto here. I mounted a couple of $5 LED license plate lights just under the edge of the body, they shine down and a little out. More than enough light to see by, no ‘fish bowl’ effect.

wing_zealot

East of the Mississippi

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are they breaking the law? Is there a rule against them?

cougar28

Lowell,AR USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wing_zealot wrote:

No there's not but it kind of like the one's sitting outside watching there television or have there music playing to loud. I don't want to listen to your football game or whatever your choice of program is or whatever music you like. Lights is the same way only in a visual aspect.

2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

wing_zealot

East of the Mississippi

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 08:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cougar28 wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

No there's not but it kind of like the one's sitting outside watching there television or have there music playing to loud. I don't want to listen to your football game or whatever your choice of program is or whatever music you like. Lights is the same way only in a visual aspect.
In most places there is a rule against loud music, a loud TV, or just plain loud in general. That makes a difference

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/20 08:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Under trailer repel rodents, they don't seem to like the bright light. Not 100% but nothing is. I also have a string of led's under the hood of my truck and keep plugged in when not driving.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

cougar28

Lowell,AR USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wing_zealot wrote:

cougar28 wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

In most places there is a rule against loud music, a loud TV, or just plain loud in general. That makes a difference

Yes but do we have to make rules for everything? It's called respect and courtesy toward to others camping. Case it point-there's no rules against me have a campfire or where the smoke blows from it. If my campfire smoke is blowing into someone else's campsite so be it. No rules against it. But if I see that happening I will move mine (I use a portable) where it's not or put it out. I just get tired of everything has to have a law or rules!

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If they like lights let them have lights. If they are too bright for us I will bring it up in casual conversation the next day. I can stand light better than sound. As long as both sides are reasonable we can coexist and maybe even enjoy our outing.

Jim-Linda

Livingston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/20 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another easy way to get light where you need it. HD or Lowe's have battery powered motion detector lights, two lights that will adjust for direction, about $25. I have one on front under overhang and one a couple feet from door. They mount with DB tape, works very well to see where you are walking.

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 09:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In a commercial campground, especially one labeled as "family resort", I have no problem with the camping lights as long as they are not shining directly into my camper. I am expecting a busy campground with kids running around, golf carts buzzing by, moderately loud groups around campfires, etc. When we go to busy campgrounds with friends, it is nice to have stairs lit up and the funky awning lights hanging.

At the rustic campgrounds (no hook ups, heavily wooded) we enjoy going to I do not expect to see lights all over the place and will politely ask if the lights can be turned off or at least turned down.

So... I don't thing this really answers anything! lol

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping Lights
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.