|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> DirecTV or Dish

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Cottontop

State of WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/20 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DirecTV has stopped supporting my receiver so I am thinking about going to dish. Give me some feed back on this subject. I can't get DirecTV to send me the new receiver.

1998 Beaver Patriot (Magnum)
FMCA- Good Sam - CAT (3126)
PT Cruiser AUTO with Remco 4down

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 03:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

why won't they send receiver?

bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/20 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would think if Direct wanted to keep you as a customer they would give you the equipment you need. If you are otherwise happy with them call them and explain that they are forcing you to go to Dish by not supplying you with a receiver.
I have Dish and am happy. I use a receiver out of the house and an antenna on a tripod for the trailer.
I have heard more people complain about radical price increases after the "Honeymoon Period" is over with Direct than I have with Dish.
Ask for the "Loyalty Dept" or "Customer Retention Rep" when you call.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

Ranger Smith

Wherever the rig is parked

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we have Dish and it is great. We're on the pay as you go plan with no contracts and their mobile app allows you to change your local channels right on the app when traveling the country. Seems like everything ATT gets into turns to **** like DirecTV

Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6600 & Maestro , K3, P3 and KPA 1500,Icom 7100
Steve and Joy
2011 Itasca Meridian 40u . . . 2016 Ram 1500 4x4 Toad
Cooper ... The Doodle,
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

RoyF

Fayetteville Arkansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/20 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've got Dish at home and keep a Tailgater in the RV. I want to give a thumbs-up to Dish customer service. On he fhe few occasions that I have had a problem, a technical support person has stayed on the phone with me for as long as it takes.

Lwiddis

Morro Bay, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/20 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A credit issue?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Retired JSO

Northeast Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They sent me another receiver right away. I have an H-24 and a G3 dome.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had Dish at home and the RV for many many years and have always been happy with it. And have always had great customer service the few times I needed it.
Some love Dish.
Some hate Dish.
Some love Directv.
Some hate Directv.
Take your pick of opinions.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 05:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cottontop wrote:

DirecTV has stopped supporting my receiver so I am thinking about going to dish. Give me some feed back on this subject. I can't get DirecTV to send me the new receiver.

Just because the stopped supporting the old receiver does not mean you can't use a newer receiver with your antenna. If you can't get them to send you an H24 receiver (assuming you have a dome or an old 18" round antenna) you can purchase one pretty cheaply.
If you do have a dome and plan to move to DISH, be sure the antenna is new enough to support the DISH service. The older domes (pre-2012, I think) can't handle the changes DISH made.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

bob_nestor

murphy

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had both DirecTV and DishTV and own the receivers I have. Over the years I'd switch back and forth because of pricing changes. But I've pretty much stopped doing that after my last switch back to DishTV. Other than the constantly escalating prices the things I like about Dish at home and on the road are: at home I get the HD channels at no extra cost, I get most of my locals at no extra cost and I can integrate most of my remaining local stations with a simple antenna attachment. On the road I can use DishAnywhere without the need for an extra receiver, dish setup or monthly payment - all I need is a network connection and my Mobley works fine for that in most places. This setup allows me to stream all my local channels including the ones I can only get from my home antenna, and all my Dish channels. I use a FireTV Stick in the RV do do this and that also gives me access to a bunch of other free content.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> DirecTV or Dish
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.